Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You lead with a Quinton Grimes post

That's a great comparison to Martin though. Highly recruited out of High School, didn't produce in college and now he's down to Houston or A&M when he was a top 10 recruit choosing Kansas over Kentucky out of High School

Reactions: cyence

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
No, they are not. 1) ISU OL is not at Iowa level and it will not be as long as Ferentz is in IC 2) Iowa Defense and DL is better than ISU offense.

Can you read, THINKER about it -

I said the gap between Iowa's Oline and ISU's was the smallest it has been

I said ISU's Dline and defense was better than Iowa's Oline and Offense. That has been the case the last 2 years and will be even more the case this year.

Please focus

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It is better than it used to be, still not at the level I want, but better.

2017 - Smith stopped recruiting after Iowa, was contacted by schools around him to visit and others offered but were never reported. Google and look that up if you want. ISM had 4-5 other P5 offers Cooper - project, Marchese, not on roster? The ladder 2 were they typical WR recruits under Davis regime. We tended to miss on who we needed (Martin) but now we have him and we know who offered

2018 - Tracy offers from BC, Louisville, NW, Cincy, Illinois. Calvin Lockett offers form Kentucky, BC, Indiana, Illinois, Oregon State, Purdue, Syracuse, UCF, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech. Nico Ragaini had offers from Ivy league and BC, was going to play la crosse until Iowa convinced him to try WR and reports are promising there

2019 - low year of recruiting, took Desmond Hutson, who stopped his recruitment early on after the Iowa offer.

All of these guys are light years infront of what we had before 2017.

Freakin Lickliter, man!

• Funny
Reactions: cyence

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
That's a great comparison to Martin though. Highly recruited out of High School, didn't produce in college and now he's down to Houston or A&M when he was a top 10 recruit choosing Kansas over Kentucky out of High School
So Iowa taking the angle of ISU basketball and getting a top talent recruit on a transfer fit your narrative too then right?

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
(said in a Dwight type voice)

Find me one quote of Dwight saying the word hilarious. I'll wait.

In the meantime, keep trying to explain to us how awesome your receiving corps is. I'm really enjoying the mental "gymnastics" you think you're doing. It's just coming off as gibberish.

• Dislike
Reactions: clonesalltheway

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

In the meantime, keep trying to explain to us how awesome your receiving corps is. I'm really enjoying the mental "gymnastics" you think you're doing. It's just coming off as gibberish.

I seriously don't know a single Iowa fan that is optimistic about Iowa's receivers our offense. If Martin gets his waiver that may help some but there are still a lot of unknowns.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

(said in a Dwight type voice)