BIG XII revenue expected to grow

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Colorado always would have rather been in the Pac 12 than the Big 12. When the offer was made, and even after the other 5 schools pulled out. The Buffs still went ahead with the switch. Let them live with their decision, and do not offer UC.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Colorado always would have rather been in the Pac 12 than the Big 12. When the offer was made, and even after the other 5 schools pulled out. The Buffs still went ahead with the switch. Let them live with their decision, and do not offer UC.

And CU might've bolted to Pac in '94, if timing was slightly different according to this article. CU regents felt committed to the plan already in place for Big 12 formation.

I'm sure this isn't new to anyone who has followed conference alignment for a couple of decades, but I hadn't read the specific article until a bit ago.

Colorado votes to stay in Big 12.

Reactions: harimad

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
There is ZERO reason to add anyone. Expansion for expansion sake is a loser.

Az schools bring squat to B12 brand except half full football stadiums with mediocre teams at best.

Idiots abound.

So if USC and UCLA both want in you say no?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
There is ZERO reason to add anyone. Expansion for expansion sake is a loser.

Az schools bring squat to B12 brand except half full football stadiums with mediocre teams at best.

Idiots abound.

If OU and Texas are happy then there is no sense expanding, but if they want division play and we could get a couple of the Pac 12 schools, then the conference would be silly not to do it.

As always, it comes down to what OU and Texas want to stay in the conference. I am NOT talking about taking Memphis, Houston or any G5 school, but P5 schools like Arizona and Arizona St, see if UCLA or another school or two is interested. Take anywhere from 2 to 4 and stop there.

Hell the Arizona schools, Utah and say UCLA would look really nice in the conference.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
If OU and Texas are happy then there is no sense expanding, but if they want division play and we could get a couple of the Pac 12 schools, then the conference would be silly not to do it.

As always, it comes down to what OU and Texas want to stay in the conference. I am NOT talking about taking Memphis, Houston or any G5 school, but P5 schools like Arizona and Arizona St, see if UCLA or another school or two is interested. Take anywhere from 2 to 4 and stop there.

Hell the Arizona schools, Utah and say UCLA would look really nice in the conference.

Just wondering but didn't we eliminate west coast teams as a possibility when we let in WVU? We can't expect them to travel so far to play other conference teams.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

The Cyclones in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for a conference game would be wild.....

The Trojans at Jack Trice Stadium MID-AMERICAN FIELD would also be wild....

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Just wondering but didn't we eliminate west coast teams as a possibility when we let in WVU? We can't expect them to travel so far to play other conference teams.

I don't remember any agreement with WV, if they do not like it, then they can vote NO, and then leave the conference if it should happen.

I have said for a couple of years, if the Big 12 goes down in flames, there is not a school in a worse position that WV. If the ACC was going to invite them, they would be playing there now. The did not have the academics for the Big 10, they bring little or nothing to the SEC beside geography. They could be screwed and end up in the AAC, just another G5 school.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Before you know it, the kids over at Hokeye Pokey Forum (Kujo Man) will be crowing about how Texas will be headed to the Big 16, and Iowa State is headed for the MAC when the Big 12 dissolves. Can't wait.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I don't remember any agreement with WV, if they do not like it, then they can vote NO, and then leave the conference if it should happen.

I have said for a couple of years, if the Big 12 goes down in flames, there is not a school in a worse position that WV. If the ACC was going to invite them, they would be playing there now. The did not have the academics for the Big 10, they bring little or nothing to the SEC beside geography. They could be screwed and end up in the AAC, just another G5 school.

You think WV's position is worse than Baylor's?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron