Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So, Darien Porter is going to be an absolute stud, but Oliver Martin can not be even though he is regarded as being a better prospect? You see this is where Iowa fans do not get the logic behind the homer ISU thinking by some posters.

Is he still regarded that way?

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Last class we got Darien Porter who was in Iowa's backyard. I think he is going to be an absolute stud, did Iowa offer?

If they did, which I am not sure of, then it was because they missed on top prospects and were seeing if he wanted to come to Iowa instead of ISU, which happens most years to instate prospects with ISU offers.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
So, Darien Porter is going to be an absolute stud, but Oliver Martin can not be even though he is regarded as being a better prospect? You see this is where Iowa fans do not get the logic behind the homer ISU thinking by some posters.

Nobody is saying he can't be. All we've ever said is that we like the talent and depth in our WR corps, and we don't (aka Campbell doesn't) see Martin as talented enough to justify pushing another WR out to accept him. That's why we didn't even contact him.

Spin it all you want to make yourself feel better or to troll an ISU board (how exciting your life must be!), but your receiving corps is nowhere near where ours is.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I would think so, he is a transfer from a blue blood school. Tell me though are transfers regarded as being better prospects that HS players? You guys would know

He's been in college for two years with not a lot to show for it. Martin is closer to his ceiling than a kid who hasn't entered college yet.

• Winner

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Nobody is saying he can't be. All we've ever said is that we like the talent and depth in our WR corps, and we don't (aka Campbell doesn't) see Martin as talented enough to justify pushing another WR out to accept him. That's why we didn't even contact him.

Spin it all you want to make yourself feel better or to troll an ISU board (how exciting your life must be!), but your receiving corps is nowhere near where ours is.

Well some posters disagree with you regarding Martin, saying that he has flamed out because he is transfering.

Maybe Martin didnt want to go to ISU and did not contact them? Takes 2 to tango. My guess is there was no interest there from either party.

Besides Butler, i can not remember a game where another absolutely took over and continued that trend for the year.

ISU has good wrs, but that is based on their potential to improve.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Lmao, gee I wonder why Campbell didnt offer him in 2017???? Go look at his original offer list, you think Iowa State is competing with that coming off multiple 3 win seasons?

Do not say that around here, the past 2 years is the only history that counts.
Just for some modern talk on here regarding NFL caliber players and receiving yards (Iowa's offense is NFL style in regards to TE utilization)
4 TE were in the top 25 for receiving yards in the NFL in 2018, No RBs made the top 25.

So saying that our number 4/5 options will return and are comparable to your number 4 WR that is a potential NFL player, according to cyclonenation, is not dumb, or stupid, it is just the facts. Now you do have your other top 2 and 3 returning, but they were not up to Butler's level in terms of production at that spot.

So, Oliver Martin will be someone that can push for making that unit better, I get it ISU did not want him, because they had not shot at him in terms of him being from Iowa City anyway.

IMO, ISU returns more production at the WR spot, but I am not seeing that huge talent gap that there was even 2-3 years ago at WR. I think Iowa is still behind ISU, but ISU lost their 2 all time best WRs the last 2 years to graduation.

Heck, I think Iowa's TE will struggle a little this year due to the guys we lost, I am not in fantasy land thinking since we are a TE factory that we will still be an upper echelon unit there a year after we lost that talent.

I know very few Iowa fans that would agree with you... and do you seriously think that Iowa won't have a fall off at the TE position this year? I know you aren't super bright but at least try to be objective.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Well some posters disagree with you regarding Martin, saying that he has flamed out because he is transfering.

Maybe Martin didnt want to go to ISU and did not contact them? Takes 2 to tango. My guess is there was no interest there from either party.

Besides Butler, i can not remember a game where another absolutely took over and continued that trend for the year.

ISU has good wrs, but that is based on their potential to improve.

Nobody is saying that numb nuts. It was pointed out NUMEROUS times that martin is buried in the depth chart by better players...

• Agree
Reactions: CY88CE11

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I know very few Iowa fans that would agree with you... and do you seriously think that Iowa won't have a fall off at the TE position this year? I know you aren't super bright but at least try to be objective.

No, I clearly said our TEs will struggle with what we lost, but i think our wrs step up this year based on what we have coming back and waiting in the wings. It is simply better than what we have had in a long time.

• Optimistic

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
What substance do you add besides condescending posts toward Iowa and attacking Iowa posters? You must still be eating that grape jelly for breakfast

A really simple answer is for you to leave and never come back you insecure moron

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Porter is 6-4 and is an absolute burner. He definitely has more upside in Iowa States system than Martin would.