s_ford

Jul 30, 2018
I have no idea what you're trying to do here
16051e1f-7218-4371-8258-4aac7fc847a8_text.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think CMC looks at his WR room right now and likes what he sees. He has young talent, some proven guys, and also dipped into the transfer market for a couple of guys that should be able to help out right away. We're not sitting here without WR's at the moment. Maybe taking on a guy like Oliver Martin wouldn't be the best thing? There could be some guys that don't like the fact we're bringing in another WR, especially if he wasn't putting up good numbers somewhere else. You can sit here and look at his 4 star rating out of high school and wish him into being great, but maybe that isn't the case? Some guys don't pan out and they level off. Why else wouldn't he had seen much playing time on a team that realistically didn't have other great wide receivers? This would be a different argument if he went to OSU, but there weren't any eye popping guys at Michigan that you could say were the reason he wasn't seeing the field. Who knows, Oliver could go somewhere and be a top receiver and people may say "I told you so", but the likelihood of him being an average receiver is much higher than him being an all-american.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Levi Thompson on your voice's site?
Not my voice. I'm an alumni. He's the voice of countless overweight ignoramuses that get their news on Facebook, who've never stepped foot on campus. He is a vile loathsome slug that should be called out anytime he peeks his head out of his shell.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Gotcha. I don't see that being enough to get a waiver but when it comes to the NCAA everything's a crap shoot.

I agree about the crapshoot part. Never know with the NCAA, but it seems his case is as good as anybody else's that have been getting approved lately. Of course Iowa, isn't OSU or one of the blue bloods, so it will probably get denied.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Gotcha. I don't see that being enough to get a waiver but when it comes to the NCAA everything's a crap shoot.

Have players even gotten waivers when the head coach leaves? I wasn't aware that they were?

And now you can get one when assistants leave too? Pretty much anything goes I guess now.

Bolton should surely get one then when his head coach was shoving his own players and being suspended for it.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe