RECRUITING: Caleb Grill commits

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I've been struggling coming up with a good player comparison for Grill, someone who is a good shooter but also has great athleticism. But a friend of mine came up with the best comparison I've heard so far: Lindell Wigginton

I see a little Naz in his shot. I think he'll need to tighten his handle a little bit, but he's going to be a solid spot up guy and good on the break. Those left hand finishes are filthy for a high schooler.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You don't. He could shoot. That's the list.

That's kinda why I asked in a question because I couldn't remember if I was thinking of the right person?

Fred did have some athleticism though, but I think Caleb has more.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I've been struggling coming up with a good player comparison for Grill, someone who is a good shooter but also has great athleticism. But a friend of mine came up with the best comparison I've heard so far: Lindell Wigginton

Adding to this debate from a few weeks back. He reminds me a lot of Adam Haluska. Multi Sport athlete, good outside shot, great athleticism.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

That first video is a thing of beauty. Just shows you his athletic ability, decision making, etc. The WR initially isn't open, so he waits a split second, but then he's got a D Linemen's arm in his way so he sidearms it and still hits him perfectly in stride. Just an overall great athlete with great mental instincts too.

Reactions: bozclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
More accolades for Caleb. This one is Kansas male athlete of the year.

Lena Grill @grillfamilyof5 Wish you could have been there, CG!! What an honor! Congrats on being selected as the Kansas Male Athlete of the Year!! We are so proud of you. @caleb_grill0 #maizehighpride #cyclONEnation #bestofkansaspreps

"Grill was named male athlete of the year after earning All-State recognition in football and basketball and also capturing a state title in track and field. The Iowa State basketball signee averaged 18.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists while leading the Eagles to a third-place finish in Class 5A and a program-best 24-1 record. He set five school records, including 3-pointers made in a single season with 59, and finished with 173 career 3s and 1,178 points, earning Top Five All-State honors.

Grill also was a Top 11 All-State pick in football after throwing for 3,122 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior and 5,471 yards and 53 TDs for his career. He is only the fifth male since 1990 to earn Top Five and Top 11 recognition in the same year from The Capital-Journal. He capped his stellar senior year by winning the Class 5A state high jump with a 6-foot-8 clearance, then winning the MVP award for the West in the Kansas Shrine Bowl after throwing two touchdown passes in a 26-7 victory."

https://www.thekansan.com/sports/20...in-top-awards-at-best-of-kansas-preps-banquet

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
More accolades for Caleb. This one is Kansas male athlete of the year.

Lena Grill @grillfamilyof5 Wish you could have been there, CG!! What an honor! Congrats on being selected as the Kansas Male Athlete of the Year!! We are so proud of you. @caleb_grill0 #maizehighpride #cyclONEnation #bestofkansaspreps

"Grill was named male athlete of the year after earning All-State recognition in football and basketball and also capturing a state title in track and field. The Iowa State basketball signee averaged 18.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists while leading the Eagles to a third-place finish in Class 5A and a program-best 24-1 record. He set five school records, including 3-pointers made in a single season with 59, and finished with 173 career 3s and 1,178 points, earning Top Five All-State honors.

Grill also was a Top 11 All-State pick in football after throwing for 3,122 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior and 5,471 yards and 53 TDs for his career. He is only the fifth male since 1990 to earn Top Five and Top 11 recognition in the same year from The Capital-Journal. He capped his stellar senior year by winning the Class 5A state high jump with a 6-foot-8 clearance, then winning the MVP award for the West in the Kansas Shrine Bowl after throwing two touchdown passes in a 26-7 victory."

https://www.thekansan.com/sports/20...in-top-awards-at-best-of-kansas-preps-banquet
Sounds like a solid athlete and being able to focus solely on basketball going forward will only lift his game. Excited to see what this guy brings int he coming years.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron