Tradition. Do we have one?

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Empty bleachers coming back from half time because everyone goes out to get 'one more' (or 3) beers.

Reactions: TXCyclones

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Busch Lite and tailgating is a tradition like none other... Go Cyclones Thumb.jpg Go Cyclones Boo UT Thumb.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
One I'm glad they didn't try to keep going.

Was there anyone who had a good feeling about the coin?

Pretty sure it gave me the same feeling as McDermott and his introductory ISU rally saying how he was looking forward to beating Iowa some more. Something just not right about it...

You have to think that this is how Chizik sees himself. Head held high. Sharp features. Instead of the droopy low-life in an over-sized sweater that he really is.

• Funny
Reactions: madguy30

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Perhaps our most despised tradition: Not being able to park in G-7 because of the rain!

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rhoads teams did quite well with onside kick conversion, too. Not sure of %, but probably statistically had to be higher than average.

It was very exciting and fun and all and November 18, 2011 should always be remembered as an important night in ISU history, but if a straight beat down of WV like last year is boring, sign me up for boring every time.

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
There are a few that would be easy and natural to add:
  • Shout I-S-U instead of bah, bah, bah during Sweet Caroline. I've never heard anyone else customize it.
  • Stomp on the metal bleachers in the south endzone sections when the opponent is trying to score on that end. Ben Bruns says the bleachers were built to be loud. Make it the most intimidating spot in college football.
they are to drunk in the end zone

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Not sure how long we've been doing it, but the kid captain is a cool thing. Plus we don't constantly pat ourselves on the back for it.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
There are a few that would be easy and natural to add:
  • Shout I-S-U instead of bah, bah, bah during Sweet Caroline. I've never heard anyone else customize it.
  • Stomp on the metal bleachers in the south endzone sections when the opponent is trying to score on that end. Ben Bruns says the bleachers were built to be loud. Make it the most intimidating spot in college football.

What about "Let's go State!"?

Reactions: Cycsk

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Tradition of overreacting

We overreact when we win (national Champs)

We overreact when we lose (We suck again)

• Agree
Reactions: CyArob

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
We're usually in line to tailgate an hour before they start letting people in, so my tradition is to be the first person to poop in the kaibo

• Funny
Reactions: cyfan21

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron