Tradition. Do we have one?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Iowa State is as bad with football tradition as it gets. We can’t even get fans to wear a specific color. Might have something to do with ties to Ag and it being a busy time of year for those involved.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Iowa State is as bad with football tradition as it gets. We can’t even get fans to wear a specific color. Might have something to do with ties to Ag and it being a busy time of year for those involved.

Not sure if serious.

Either way, the crowd wearing matching colors, or even team apparel at all, is a phenomenon of the last 25 years. I don't know why, but sports crowd behavior fascinates me.

Reactions: cyclones500

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
We have plenty of traditions; just not a lot of national exposure due to our weak history.

Tailgating, Honor Before Victory plaque, Jack Trice legacy, ISUCF"V"MB cyclone formations as they enter the field, the tornado siren, touchdown cannon, Juicy Wiggle, Cyclone Power chant, Sweet Caroline AFTER victories (thank God they finally changed that).

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Not sure if serious.

Either way, the crowd wearing matching colors, or even team apparel at all, is a phenomenon of the last 25 years. I don't know why, but sports crowd behavior fascinates me.

You'll never get out of this maze.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There has been a trend really the last 20 years where an OK season or two or crazy fun upset gives hope to the fan base.

And then the next season happens.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How do they classify the wave a tradition when all they did was declare it one.
I propose at the end of the first quarter everybody at JTS gives the finger out east.

Ya that’s like us saying we have a strong tradition of going to the Alamo Bowl.