Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The guy basically hasn't played. I get there are probably good WR's at Michigan, however they've not had a WR drafted since 2017, they've had one 3rd team all conference WR since then... It's not like they are rolling in high quality WR's, why couldn't he get on the field at all?

Edit: Plus, do we even have an open scholarship?

Bingo!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
From what I'm reading this is all just an unsubstantiated rumor from a wanna-be, Michigan style Randy Pete. Also, the Michigan receivers coach said he was the starting X at Mich with 3 years to play. Have no idea what's going on but doesn't seem to be problems in the Martin world.

Woah. What? Really! Do you have a link for this? That would make it even more interesting.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Woah. What? Really! Do you have a link for this? That would make it even more interesting.
I was reading it at 6:45 am. I tried to find it again at lunch. I'll see if I can get it after work. Was a Hok writer too.

Idk the guy is supposedly a cad that can't even get good press credentials approved from Michigan. The receivers coach stating he was the number 1 X receiver is what really caught my eye but it was a tweet or something. It wasn't referenced of course so who knows?

Last edited:

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
The guy basically hasn't played. I get there are probably good WR's at Michigan, however they've not had a WR drafted since 2017, they've had one 3rd team all conference WR since then... It's not like they are rolling in high quality WR's, why couldn't he get on the field at all?

Agreed. Career high game of 3 receptions, career long of 21 yards.

Reactions: CyTwins

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Well I wonder if there is any chance he switches sports to swimming... He was a multiple time state champion and All American in high school.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Well I wonder if there is any chance he switches sports to swimming... He was a multiple time state champion and All American in high school.

Mediocre performance in multiple sports is trendy for the Hoks. mccaffery emoji.png

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014

He played in every game last year as a freshman.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Are people really saying Iowa State doesn't want him because of his freshman year stats? People may want to check out Butler's freshman stats.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Are people really saying Iowa State doesn't want him because of his freshman year stats? People may want to check out Butler's freshman stats.

Butler was a 6'6" project recruit who had only played a couple years of football before arriving on campus. That comparison is completely useless.

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: ATCy and Iajeff6785

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Butler was a 6'6" project recruit who had only played a couple years of football before arriving on campus. That comparison is completely useless.

Ah, so whst you are saying is just looking at someone's freshman year stats isn't enough to determine the rest of his college career? I guess we agree.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Ah, so whst you are saying is just looking at someone's freshman year stats isn't enough to determine the rest of his college career? I guess we agree.

No, not at all. What I'm saying is that the point you are trying to make is garbage. Your comparison doesn't work.

How did you possibly read my response and think we even remotely agreed? The **** are you talking about?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

We didn't want him out of High School and then he goes and can't produce on a team with no good WRs so why would we want him now?

• Funny
Reactions: NoCreativity

CyAtlanta

Jan 23, 2017
We didn't want him out of High School and then he goes and can't produce on a team with no good WRs so why would we want him now?

Soo, you're going with a top ten program has "no good wide receivers" and this kid didn't produce stats as a freshman, so who needs him. Give me every Michigan player that played in every game as a freshman, but didn't "produce" and I'll have a more talented team than either Iowa team.

By the way, not offering a kid and not wanting him aren't always the same thing.