Fear the Walking Dead?

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
The last few episodes saved this show, IMO. The only characters I like are Luciana (cuz she's hot), Efilia (see Luciana), Strand, Troy and the leader of the Black Hat Motel camp. Anyone else could die and I'd be like "meh."

I like the idea of Madison's character, but I can't stand the actress playing her. One annoying look on her face all the time. Same annoying tone in her voice all the time. Makes me want to throat punch her every time she's on screen. Same goes for her daughter.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Madison is irritating as hell and she made some very costly decisions. I actually like the evolution of Nick. I dont have much doubt he will lead the pack at some point, hes adjusted well. I want to see more of Ofelia, Strand and Daniel and less of Madison and Alicia. The two ranch brothers will be an interesting dynamic coming up I think. That whole plot of Jake being a ticking timebomb was building up to something and then it took a backseat.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Madison is irritating as hell and she made some very costly decisions. I actually like the evolution of Nick. I dont have much doubt he will lead the pack at some point, hes adjusted well. I want to see more of Ofelia, Strand and Daniel and less of Madison and Alicia. The two ranch brothers will be an interesting dynamic coming up I think. That whole plot of Jake being a ticking timebomb was building up to something and then it took a backseat.
The last few episodes saved this show, IMO. The only characters I like are Luciana (cuz she's hot), Efilia (see Luciana), Strand, Troy and the leader of the Black Hat Motel camp. Anyone else could die and I'd be like "meh."

I like the idea of Madison's character, but I can't stand the actress playing her. One annoying look on her face all the time. Same annoying tone in her voice all the time. Makes me want to throat punch her every time she's on screen. Same goes for her daughter.

Agree with everything said above except I actually like Alicia.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Finally got caught up on this. It seems to me that most problems would be eliminated if they just killed Madison.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Finally got caught up on this. It seems to me that most problems would be eliminated if they just killed Madison.

Her and her smug, chronic b---- face. And while they're at it, kill her daughter too. Their characters may be intended to be bad a--es, but the actresses playing them make them more annoying than anything.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What did you all think of tonight's season premiere? I am really intrigued by the two new characters introduced and found the episode an easy watch. Curious to hear Alicia, Nick, and Strand's story next episode.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It was interesting, but i'm still pissed that we've missed out on years of story time with the time jump to shoehorn in one of my least favorite characters.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
It was interesting, but i'm still pissed that we've missed out on years of story time with the time jump to shoehorn in one of my least favorite characters.
Yeah, I think Carol would have been a better choice for the crossover. Her role is so diminished on TWD nowadays, it would actually have been better to give her more screen time on FTWD. Hopefully Morgan doesn't drag the show down.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
What did you all think of tonight's season premiere? I am really intrigued by the two new characters introduced and found the episode an easy watch. Curious to hear Alicia, Nick, and Strand's story next episode.

I enjoyed it.

I thought they handled the transition and the story of how and why Morgan left to go west fairly well.

The new characters are intriguing; I like the idea of an old-school gunslinger with the cowboy-ish character and a traveling journalist (plus that SWAT truck is bad-ass).

I think this has become the superior show to "TWD" the last couple of seasons.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Anyone still watching this. Interesting start to Season 5. New characters and a link to The Walking Dead.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Anyone still watching this. Interesting start to Season 5. New characters and a link to The Walking Dead.

I decided to catch part of the marathon to see if I could get back into it. First scene I caught was a woman using a heavy duty arc welder on a truck out in the middle of nowhere, no generator running, or anything. Just the magic welder. I realize you have to suspend disbelief as part of the whole zombies taking over the world story line, but stuff like that just turns me off.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
I decided to catch part of the marathon to see if I could get back into it. First scene I caught was a woman using a heavy duty arc welder on a truck out in the middle of nowhere, no generator running, or anything. Just the magic welder. I realize you have to suspend disbelief as part of the whole zombies taking over the world story line, but stuff like that just turns me off.
We just realized it was back on last night when we saw it on the DVR. Watched the episode and just like past episodes we criticized things we saw and the wife said she's done with the show. So we'll watch again next week and say the same things.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I thought it got better last season but the first episode this season was dumb...you're going to fly a plane with supplies to help someone you don't know after you dealt with the crazy lady last season who tried to poison you all? Sure, that makes sense...

And Morgan insisting that they have to keep helping people is annoying...but I'm sure I'll hate watch it again this week.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
I thought it got better last season but the first episode this season was dumb...you're going to fly a plane with supplies to help someone you don't know after you dealt with the crazy lady last season who tried to poison you all? Sure, that makes sense...

And Morgan insisting that they have to keep helping people is annoying...but I'm sure I'll hate watch it again this week.
I thought we missed half a season or something at first because they jumped right into stuff. Where'd they get a plane? Who are these kids? Who's Logan? I guess that's better than spending (wasting) two or three episodes explaining the details of the plane or Logan.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I thought we missed half a season or something at first because they jumped right into stuff. Where'd they get a plane? Who are these kids? Who's Logan? I guess that's better than spending (wasting) two or three episodes explaining the details of the plane or Logan.

Yeah, I thought that was strange as well...they did one heck of a time jump.

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
The second half of last season was terrible as well. Scott Gimple should punch himself. Season 3 on the ranch was actually really, really good.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
The second half of last season was terrible as well. Scott Gimple should punch himself. Season 3 on the ranch was actually really, really good.

That was when I stopped watching it; when they made a supervillian out of a crazy, filthy hobo-woman who somehow kept outsmarting a group of 6 or so other characters who up to that point were smart and capable enough to have survived that long in the zombie apocalypse was my "jump the shark" moment for the show.

Gimple must have some incriminating pictures of some people high up in the Hollywood food chain for him to keep on falling upwards the way he does.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and bstegs

Help Support Us

Become a patron