Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Why do we care if we offered before or not? We either will or will not show interest this time, regardless.

People love to argue for no reason. It's hilarious. Yes, I get caught up in it as well...and I'm dumber for it.

We've pursued transfers that we didn't recruit the first time around. Things change.

That's kind of my point though, what's changed? If ISU didn't really want him out of HS what has happened to change that?

If Campbell sees something and wants him then I'll be on board, his track record speaks for itself, but from the outside looking in I don't see it.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
You literally posted the worst take of the year on this board and that is saying something. You might want to take a break for a while.
I was going to, but after your snarky hok retort, you have simple encouraged me to continue in my pursuits. I'd recommend you head on over to hokeye pokey report and hang out with kujoman. Have a nice day!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That's kind of my point though, what's changed? If ISU didn't really want him out of HS what has happened to change that?

If Campbell sees something and wants him then I'll be on board, his track record speaks for itself, but from the outside looking in I don't see it.

I don't think that it is as cut and dry as people saying that "we didn't want him."

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Well, apparently he's headed to Iowa, if you want to believe Squawkeye Nation:

I'm told Oliver Martin is transferring to Iowa and was in the facility today getting a locker and fitted for equipment. Not sure when it will be "official" but according to my source within the program it's a done deal.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I'm told Oliver Martin is transferring to Iowa and was in the facility today getting a locker and fitted for equipment. Not sure when it will be "official" but according to my source within the program it's a done deal.

Since it didn't come directly from his Dad, I believe it.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: Cycsk and keepngoal

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

So he'd lose his sophomore season of eligibility, right? He already redshirted at Michigan.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
You don't think this type of system would enable the Haves even more?

IMO this would be a step in the wrong direction. Why continue to handcuff kids to a school that didn't work out. There is zero punishment for a coach giving out empty promises or leaving for another job but yeah, lets punish the kid.

Well, currently he would have to sit out a year, so my proposal at least lets him play right away.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
That's a terrible idea

So making him sit a year is a good idea???? Jimmy jumped in a pool for him. He goes and it isn't working out for whatever reason, but how does it help the kid by making him sit a year? You think they should all sit a year, and if so why should it then matter if kid has graduated so different rules for graduated versus not.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
So fortunate kids with money are allowed to play right away but the unfortunate have to sit a year? I don't think that's very fair.. Also that's going to cause even more of a problem with paying players than there already is.

Okay so everybody sit then so it is FAIR. I guess that is the way of the world now. Everybody gets a trophy. Everybody is the same. How is it FAIR that a graduate can go play right away and non-graduate cannot? At least my proposal allows more to play right away if they so desire. Can't they borrow money like the rest of us kids had to?? I paid my way. But maybe kids nowadays can't even find the means to pay for 1 year???????????????????????????????