****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
247 just updated their 2020 rankings today.

Cyclone Targets:
11. Jalen Suggs
31. DJ Steward
37. Camron Fletcher
42. Xavier Foster
57. Matthew Murrell
64. Jayden Stone
65. Reece Beekman
76. Jaylin Williams
82. Ben Carlson
88. Chris Moore
106. Jamari Sibley
122. Dudley Blackwell
128. Ty Berry
232. Ladamien Bradford

Feel free to add anybody I missed

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Besides Carlson and Foster. Who else are we considered "Warm" with right now. Have heard berry's name a few times. For some reason I am thinking Dudley Blackwell, because well his name is Dudley and that stands out.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

Cyclone Targets:
11. Jalen Suggs
31. DJ Steward
37. Camron Fletcher
42. Xavier Foster
57. Matthew Murrell
64. Jayden Stone
65. Reece Beekman
76. Jaylin Williams
82. Ben Carlson
88. Chris Moore
106. Jamari Sibley
122. Dudley Blackwell
128. Ty Berry
232. Ladamien Bradford

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
Besides Carlson and Foster. Who else are we considered "Warm" with right now. Have heard berry's name a few times. For some reason I am thinking Dudley Blackwell, because well his name is Dudley and that stands out.
I personally hope they can wedge their way in with Chris Moore. I Think he has the ability to blow up here towards the end of his prep career.

I think Jamari Sibley is worth keeping an eye on in that list as well.

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
Kid/guardians don’t like isu or Prohm. Nothing personal but they want to play for a bigger school better coach. I can respect that at least they’re honest early in the process rather than string isu along just because they’re from Des Moines

Are you his handler or do you know him personally?

• Optimistic
Reactions: StClone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know it is early and we only have two spots open (as things stand right now), but this could be shaping up to be another special class if things work out correctly.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Kid/guardians don’t like isu or Prohm. Nothing personal but they want to play for a bigger school better coach. I can respect that at least they’re honest early in the process rather than string isu along just because they’re from Des Moines
Kid must have NBA ready potential. Mixed blessing as he'd likely leave after one season and that to me is no way to build. Just curious why Artic Zone and not Arctic Zone?

Reactions: heitclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I know it is early and we only have two spots open (as things stand right now), but this could be shaping up to be another special class if things work out correctly.

I think the staff's plan for the past couple of years was to go big game hunting to the top prospects in 2020.
2018 class was the best in ISU history with THT, Zion, Tyreese and George, who the staff belives to be the backbone of the present team.
2019 was more of a developmental class who would get a couple years behind the 2019 class to be ready to step in as upperclassmen.
2020 is to get a couple immediately impactfull 4-5 stars to take over for 2018's departures.

Other than THT leaving early was likely unexpected this year everything is on track for Prohm to focus on 2-3 major recruits this summer. (Foster, Carleson, Sibley, Murrell, Blackwell or yet to be known prospect)

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think the staff's plan for the past couple of years was to go big game hunting to the top prospects in 2020.
2018 class was the best in ISU history with THT, Zion, Tyreese and George, who the staff belives to be the backbone of the present team.
2019 was more of a developmental class who would get a couple years behind the 2019 class to be ready to step in as upperclassmen.
2020 is to get a couple immediately impactfull 4-5 stars to take over for 2018's departures.

Other than THT leaving early was likely unexpected this year everything is on track for Prohm to focus on 2-3 major recruits this summer. (Foster, Carleson, Sibley, Murrell, Blackwell or yet to be known prospect)

That was a very astute post.

D

Deleted member 8507

Cyclone Targets:
11. Jalen Suggs
31. DJ Steward
37. Camron Fletcher
42. Xavier Foster
57. Matthew Murrell
64. Jayden Stone
65. Reece Beekman
76. Jaylin Williams
82. Ben Carlson
88. Chris Moore
106. Jamari Sibley
122. Dudley Blackwell
128. Ty Berry
232. Ladamien Bradford

You can give up on Suggs and Sibley. They are locks for Iowa from what I hear.
jimlad of course

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
Are you his handler or do you know him personally?

I don't know how or even if this Artic Zone knows the guardians but I do personally. First the people saying handler-that is a complete NO. That couldn't be further from the truth. Second, the Prohm part is somewhat true because of how they recruited Issa. They were told some things by the ISU staff. But I think we all know he wasn't good enough to play for ISU so I don't blame the staff. Third, N'Faly has really never lived in Iowa. They lived in Arkansas before moving back to Iowa and that is where N'Faly mostly lived before going to Sunrise. N'Faly loves the SEC because that is what he watched and that is why you are seeing mostly SEC schools. The guardians have let him make all the decisions. They would love for him to play here so they could watch him but it is not going to happen. We never had a chance.