The Chicken

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
No, I'm not talking about some dumb Hok. Has anyone been to The Chicken, a restaurant on the south side of West Des Moines, along the bike path to Cumming? We went there a couple of weeks ago and had an awesome dinner. Actual broasted chicken, cold beer in a nice atmosphere.

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
No, I'm not talking about some dumb Hok. Has anyone been to The Chicken, a restaurant on the south side of West Des Moines, along the bike path to Cumming? We went there a couple of weeks ago and had an awesome dinner. Actual broasted chicken, cold beer in a nice atmosphere.

Yeah it's hit or miss. Owned by the people that Own Bait shop and some other places. If they are busy. The food goes downhill and takes forever. When it' slower it's money.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
My dinner was pretty damn good. But then it was a slow night. Good to know about the staffing issue. The real verdict will be from my in-laws, who enjoy mass quantities of fried meat and potatoes.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
The chicken is close to Cumming?

200.webp

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Food is good, service and kitchen timing are still being worked out.

I've been several times, the wait times are all over the place

• Winner
Reactions: Knownothing

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

I bet if you extended an invitation to the kujawa to meet up at the Chicken for a date he would except.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
They keep getting better and better... I like that they are rotating their menu monthly and trying some new stuff. Beer selection is good. Pizza is solid. Just absolutely crazy on Saturday's and Sunday's with biking season.

Probably the reason I'm over at Outskirtz on those days...

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
We went a couple weeks back after it was featured in the paper as my wife is a chicken tender fiend. We went Friday night at 6pm and it was very busy but I received my beer/appetizer within 10 minutes of ordering and food probably another 10-15 minutes later. I ordered the hot chicken which was fantastic, I would surely recommend.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Our daughter and son-in-law (Morning Moose from 103.3) took us there a week or so ago. It was pretty good - place was busy, but we got seated right away and it wasn't a long wait. Also, there is Grain Belt Premium on tap! Nice for an old school beer drinker like myself.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Went ahead and plugged "Nashville Hot Chicken" into the ol Urban dictionary... That was aggressive.

• Funny
Reactions: The_Architect