N'Faly Dante

Miles4Cy

Dec 4, 2013
Anyone know how the heck this guy is playing in the Cap City League? Or what his affiliation to this league is? Is Prohm even recruiting him? We don't even appear on his 247 page.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Anyone know how the heck this guy is playing in the Cap City League? Or what his affiliation to this league is? Is Prohm even recruiting him? We don't even appear on his 247 page.

He lives in Waukee with a host family. So in the summer he is around town.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
We discussed this yesterday in a different thread. We are not recruiting him.
(Sounds like his handlers would rather see him go to a SEC school...wonder why...)

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
(Sounds like his handlers would rather see him go to a SEC school...wonder why...)
Odds are LSU has their cheating coach back with stacks of cash just waiting

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
giphy.gif

Reactions: kilroy

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
As discussed previously it can't hurt that he gets to be around our guys in the Cap City league, even if he only plays a couple games.

I think he has visited Iowa State so who really knows what could happen.

I do know he is the highest profile high school kid to play since Harrison Barnes, which is fun.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
As discussed previously it can't hurt that he gets to be around our guys in the Cap City league, even if he only plays a couple games.

I think he has visited Iowa State so who really knows what could happen.

I do know he is the highest profile high school kid to play since Harrison Barnes, which is fun.

Don't get your hopes up at all. I honestly think he will be the next player to go pro out of high school. Oversee's. Do the same thing RJ Hampton is doing. He is an international player. I know this situation really well.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
While I understand and respect his want to go to the best school he can, every time I hear someone has “handlers” I know they’re most interested in money.

NBA needs to kill the one-and-done rule so guys that are ready to get payed can start their professional careers immediately rather than stoking a bidding war between the most corrupt SEC schools.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
NBA needs to kill the one-and-done rule so guys that are ready to get payed can start their professional careers immediately rather than stoking a bidding war between the most corrupt SEC schools.

Unfortunately that means that the agents and their money will move back into the high schools. The one and done rule was created to keep them out.

For those too young to remember, Lebron grew up in a poor famlly in Akron, Ohio but yet was given an brand new H2 Hummer by his mom for his 18th birthday. Since it came from his "mom" and not an agent he retained his amateur status and was able to continue to play HS and AAU basketball.

Of course everything worked out fine for Lebron and Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire who were the top ranked kids in that class, but look up Lenny Cooke sometime. He was supposedly as good or better than all of them. The motivation to keep his grades up and life in order so that he could qualify for college would have done him a world of good.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Unfortunately that means that the agents and their money will move back into the high schools. The one and done rule was created to keep them out.

For those too young to remember, Lebron grew up in a poor famlly in Akron, Ohio but yet was given an brand new H2 Hummer by his mom for his 18th birthday. Since it came from his "mom" and not an agent he retained his amateur status and was able to continue to play HS and AAU basketball.

Of course everything worked out fine for Lebron and Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire who were the top ranked kids in that class, but look up Lenny Cooke sometime. He was supposedly as good or better than all of them. The motivation of keep his grades up and life in order so that he could qualify for college would have done him a world of good.
Who cares?