Jamaica All Inclusive Resorts

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
My wife and I did Couples Negril back in 2011. Really liked it. We did visit Swept Away while there and that seemed neat too. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. Recall the food being excellent.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
Half Moon FTW. You are welcome.

In all seriousness, the other places all look pretty nice as well. Depends on what you want on your honeymoon. Party, quiet, activities, beach. Your call.

The Half Moon is pretty chill, spread out, and big. Shopping on the resort is top notch, the beach is really nice, and the food is great! Has all the activities the other resorts do without the crowds and people pushing their “wares” (if you know what I mean). Service is superb. It fit our needs after the nuttiness of our wedding, and this was after splitting time at Sandals (wife’s call). Needless to say, when we go back, we will not be staying at Sandals.

• Useful
Reactions: Daserop

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Some serious allegations being tossed around about these resorts and male staff. Several reports of harassment and worse.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
We Love Couples San Souci, which is in Ocho Rios, but any of the Couples are fantastic and each has a different vibe and area depending on what you like. I've been told they are much better than other all inclusives, in how they treat guests etc. They are also only for couples and adults. Couples has a great forum on their website with amazing information for people to learn about their resorts and what to expect. Also tips and tricks on what to bring and not to bring and what to do and not to do while there.

• Dislike
Reactions: JMA1125

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Thank you for all of the comments everyone! I'd like to expand the discussion to activities outside the resorts (zip lining for example). Was there anything that you felt was overrated or underrated?

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Do Duns river falls and dolphin swim it is a lot of fun. I have stayed at Sandals Montego Bay it was great. My parents have been to all the Sandals on the island. Montego Bay, Negril and Ocho Rios were their favorite.

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
My two cents: I literally got electrocuted at Couples Swept Away and all they did was fix the lamp. I was not impressed.

zeke

Apr 11, 2006
My parents went to Sandals a few years back. My father wept when he had to leave.
Have stayed at both Sandals in Ocho Rios and the Couples Resort, and the sandals Sandals Montego Bay. The Sandals is a bit better than the Couples and Secrets Resorts. Go to the Sandals site and they run specials on certain rooms with 7 percent off and sometimes with a free night. If you can swing it, get a butler. If staying in Ocho Rios, you lose about 2 hours getting there and about 5 hours on your return since Sandals has a policy of getting you early for the departure. Also Club Mobay is worth every penny.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
My wife and I did Sandals in Ocho Rios for our honeymoon. It was wonderful. Duns River Falls was awesome. We also did a river tubing excursion that was overrated. We had a private dinner on the beach one night and it was very romantic and beautiful.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
My only recommendation would be just stay in Montego Bay. After the flight, you'll want to be done traveling and on a beach getting bombed/relaxing. Well, if you stay in Negril you have to add another couple hours to your travel via a bus/van to get there. Montego Bay is just as nice because all of those high level resorts are paradise but you avoid the extra travel.

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

DMCYFAN

Nov 27, 2006
Went to the Bahia Principe Luxury adults only in Runaway Bay. Only paid $2,000 total for a week for all-inclusive with several different nice dining options. Really enjoyed the adults-only aspect.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Do Duns river falls and dolphin swim it is a lot of fun. I have stayed at Sandals Montego Bay it was great. My parents have been to all the Sandals on the island. Montego Bay, Negril and Ocho Rios were their favorite.

We did YS falls instead of Duns River as we were told it was much less "commercialized" YS falls was pretty awesome, but I have never done Duns River so I dont know how it compares.

My only recommendation would be just stay in Montego Bay. After the flight, you'll want to be done traveling and on a beach getting bombed/relaxing. Well, if you stay in Negril you have to add another couple hours to your travel via a bus/van to get there. Montego Bay is just as nice because all of those high level resorts are paradise but you avoid the extra travel.

We took this guy the last time we stayed in Negril. Well worth the money to get there fast!

https://www.timair.net/

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
We stayed at the Hotel Riu in Montego Bay for our honeymoon. I would avoid this at all costs. The food wasn't very good, the rooms weren't very nice, and it didn't feel like a relaxing vacation. We ended up eating mostly fruit and jerk chicken on the beach because those were the only decent foods on the resort.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Wife and I went to Jamaica 3 years ago and stayed at the Jewel Dunn River Resort and it was alright. I wouldn't recommended it for a honeymoon tho.