Jamaica All Inclusive Resorts

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Fiancee and I are looking into going to Jamaica for our honeymoon. I'm looking for any recommendations for All Inclusive Resorts in Jamaica and fellow CFers can provide. Thank you in advance everyone!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We've done Secrets Montego Bay. Overall good. Man-made beach so the sand was pretty rough and chunky. But this was 7+ years ago and the resort had literally just opened so I wouldn't be surprised if they worked those kinks out by now. Good sand volleyball.

Last edited:

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Following. We are planning a trip to Jamaica for our honeymoon later this summer also and having trouble narrowing them all down.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
We went to the Hilton Rose Hall in Montego Bay. Had an excellent time. The beach wasn’t great. I don’t have much to compare our stay too, as that was the only time I’ve done an all inclusive

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Spent a long weekend at Riu Palace in Montego. Nice place, totally relaxing, food was good for an all inclusive. Nice beach area, only 10 minutes from the airport. There was an awesome jerk chicken place called Scotchies I think, about a 10 minute walk off property.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
My wife and I are going to The Caves in Negril later this month. I will report back after.

• Friendly
Reactions: Daserop

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Couples Negril has an amazing beach and less crowded/public than Couples Swept Away from what I read. Depends what you're after though but we've gone to Couples several times and really love it.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Couples Negril has an amazing beach and less crowded/public than Couples Swept Away from what I read. Depends what you're after though but we've gone to Couples several times and really love it.

Been to both. CSA is pretty spread out, so it does not seem as crowded. CN has a way better pool, better rooms, and is a bigger party. CSA is more quiet and beachy. Both are awesome for diving. Can't go wrong with either, but we splurge and go to CSA now.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Been to both. CSA is pretty spread out, so it does not seem as crowded. CN has a way better pool, and is a bigger party. CSA is more quiet and beachy. Both are awesome for diving. Can't go wrong with either, but we splurge and go to CSA now.

You think CSA is the quiet beachy one? Interesting....we've always talked about doing at least the day swap to check it out but never even made that happen. Loved the beach at CN too much.

• Informative

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
My wife and I did the sandals negril couples resort that we really enjoyed. Biggest thing would be to book a couples only resort if you’re not wanting to be around kids

• Agree

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
We honeymooned at CSA & it was amazing. Like Cowgirl mentioned, I think it'd be fun to do the day swap over at Couples Negril when we eventually go back.

I wonder if the resort a person visits first between CN/CSA typically ends up being their favorite?

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I have been to most of the Sandals resorts in Jamaica my favorite is Negril. I went to Sandals Whitehouse before the renovation, like it as well but it is a huge resort and long ride from Montego Bay airport. Sandals Royal Plantation was another one we went to, very quiet only 75 total rooms everyone has a butler. I also went to Secrets St. James, amazing resort, technical two side by side resorts, I would base the decision on size of resort and what you are after on the honeymoon. Plantation is the smallest and most secluded for you time. Also very low key and no late night party scene on the resort. Whitehouse/south Coast are the biggest with the other two in between and have a ton of amenities and excursions. One added suggest is to do Club Mobay, it is worth the expedited security coming in and free food and drink going out!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
We honeymooned at CSA & it was amazing. Like Cowgirl mentioned, I think it'd be fun to do the day swap over at Couples Negril when we eventually go back.

I wonder if the resort a person visits first between CN/CSA typically ends up being their favorite?

at least for us then, the risk of not liking CSA as much isn't worth it. Though we seriously need to do the day swap next time. I've read the fitness facilities are better at CSA. We got to know some of the entertainment staff at CN though so it was nice to come back and see them.