Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Saw a sidewalk placard sign along the Midtown Greenway bike path today. Advertising for bicycle accident lawyers. :eek: If this was a movie that would be maybe both foreboding and foreshadowing.

BTW, was hot, windy (duh!) and tiring. DND. Might take a 15 minute power nap.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anyone have any tips on finding a (hopefully altered?) suit in less than 2 days? I have a sudden funeral to attend but I am out traveling, won't have the time to go home and get mine.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Anyone have any tips on finding a (hopefully altered?) suit in less than 2 days? I have a sudden funeral to attend but I am out traveling, won't have the time to go home and get mine.

I got one in about two days in Houston (found out about funeral arrangements on Tuesday morning, found tailor on Tuesday late morning, and picked up suit Thursday afternoon). Try and find a local place and explain the situation. Most places will be sympathetic. As long as you don't need major alterations, you should be okay.

Edit: For what it's worth, I found my tailor through Yelp.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Val Kilmer is looking rough. Was it ever confirmed that he had throat cancer? The scarf around his neck makes me think he is hiding something.

Val.JPG

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Try Goodwill, Salvation Army, used clothing stores, sale racks in dept stores. Do you need a suit, or would jacket and tie work?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Body paint.

FTW.

b95cac0221b21354283a74589af3a00c--body-paint-art-body-paintings.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: jcyclonee

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Any great ideas for summer vacations out east? Looking at last week of July timeframe. Probably need to lock something down soon.

I've always thought Maine would be pretty cool. If you all have passports going up to Nova Scotia (?) and seeing the Bay of Fundy tidal surge would be pretty cool (In a nature geek sort of way)

Historical stuff would be up my alley, if going out that way. NYC and Broadway shows could be cool but that'll be some dinero especially if it's the whole family.

Never been further NE than Hershey Pa, so just mainly suggesting things I might like to see.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Etiquette question:

When you are a guest in someone's house is it okay to kick their dog? If so, how hard of a kick is allowed?

Backstory:

Invited to friends house for get together on Memorial Day. They have 3 dogs including 2 yippy, kicking size dogs. One is extremely high strung and while I have my hands full carrying food in the house comes up behind me and nips me pretty hard in the calf. Luckily, it is cool and rainy and I have jeans on. Mrs. Hostess apologizes about it and takes the dog out of the room. I go out on porch and sit out there. When it is time to eat I come back in to kitchen. Dog waits until I have a half full plate of food and then sneaks up behind me and nips me twice in the calves. Mrs. Hostess this time scolds dog and puts him in kennel. I go back out to porch to stay away from less than friendly host animal. After everyone has eaten and had dessert - maybe 90 minutes later I go back in to pitch in cleaning up. Dog is again out of kennel and nips me again when my back is turned. Mrs. Hostess apologizes again and takes dog away. She has no idea why it is picking on me and no one else. When Mrs. Hostess is gone other guest confides in me that on another visit dog bit her. She says Host family knows but doesn't know that when she got home she discovered that the dog had drawn blood. So is it okay for me to place a short but well placed kick next time? Not that I am sure I will go back in their house if that mutt isn't contained.

I'm very glad I didn't make a scene at the time. Mrs. Velo told me after we left that Mrs. Hostess informed her that she has breast cancer and that she would be having surgery the next week.

Her breast cancer gives you the opportunity to be a good neighbor and help with your dog problem. Offer to go over and let the dogs out for them then when that little bugger tries to bite you beat the heck out of him, after that it'll be terrorized by you and not want to nip again. ;) (JK all you animal right people (sort of))

• Creative
Reactions: VeloClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Speaking of plants, what would a good summer planting project be for Z? It would be sitting outside with little shelter on a pavement slab.

A small garden like maybe tomatoes, lettuce, carrots? Like grow her own snacks thing. There are some little orange tomatoes I believe they are called sun globe like cherry tomatoes but better IMO, those little yellow pear tomatoes are always good.

Reactions: cyrevkah

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Well if your already in Hong Kong, I've always heard their tailors are fast and reasonable.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If your measurements aren't too crazy an off the rack suit should be fine for a funeral... Unless you're like on the hook for a eulogy or something.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm disappointed no one has given the obvious answer about snippy dog problem...

Pee on it. Assert dominance.

From what I’m told, that doesn’t work. Apparently when I was 3 or 4 I got mad and peed on Spot once. Dog still bit me after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.