Favorite movies that predate you

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Some of you young whippersnappers should see the original version (not the "edited for TV version) of Kelly's Heroes. Best. War movie. Ever

• Agree
Reactions: arobb

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Blues Brothers ("Who wants an Orange Whip?")
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ("There's two kinds of men in this world, Tuco. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.")
Stripes ("I'm a LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTING MACHINE!")
Caddyshack ("Now I know why tigers eat their young!")
Star Wars ("Don't get cocky, kid")
The Shining ("REDRUM!!!")
Cool Hand Luke ("I can eat 50 eggs in an hour.")

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Here's a story some of you might enjoy. In 1939 my mom was 18 years old (yes I'm that old) and went to see Gone with the Wind. At the end when Rhett tells Scarlett,"Frankly my dear I don't give a Damn" she said the whole theater gasped out loud. Likewise the same year during the Wizard of Oz, after the first 20 minutes or so in black & white, when it switched to color when Dorothy landed in Oz, the theater was stunned.
That's sort of how I felt the first time seeing Star Wars. a New Hope in 1977.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Dirty Harry - 1971 - i couldn't get into the theater as I was just 1.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Looking at some of these movies convinces me that the Western genre has been sorely ignored for the last 3 or 4 decades. They don't get much better than the "spaghetti western" era.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The original Star Wars trilogy
Airplane
Animal House
Wizard of Oz

Reactions: jcyclonee

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
No love for Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory? I liked it as a kid but when I rewatched it in college, I saw all the things I was missing as a kid. The sarcasm and dry humor make it one of my favorites.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Born in 1984:

Patton, The Godfather, Casablanca, Star Wars, Bad News Bears

Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Here's a story some of you might enjoy. In 1939 my mom was 18 years old (yes I'm that old) and went to see Gone with the Wind. At the end when Rhett tells Scarlett,"Frankly my dear I don't give a Damn" she said the whole theater gasped out loud. Likewise the same year during the Wizard of Oz, after the first 20 minutes or so in black & white, when it switched to color when Dorothy landed in Oz, the theater was stunned.
That's sort of how I felt the first time seeing Star Wars. a New Hope in 1977.
That was considered extremely shocking in those days as you just didn't say that stuff in public.

I remember on "One Day at a Time" when Bonnie Franklin was arguing with some woman on the phone and slammed the receiver down and said "*****" we were all shocked. First time we ever heard that on TV.

Edit: The ***** is a term for a female dog. Starts with B

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp