"Hawkeyes serious National Title contenders for 2020-2021 season

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hawk fans think Garza is “athletic”?

I call BS on that...

I didn't selfie/film it like I'm supposed to these days but this past March I went out to watch the ISU/KSU Big 12 game, and Iowa/Michigan followed, and the Iowa fan next to me couldn't contain his excitement as he told his non-partial friend about all of Iowa's players, including saying Garza was really athletic for his height. I was already laughing about his comments about Bobo's multiple-skill set but the Garza stuff was gold.

Then the first half happened and he left.

I DO give credit to Garza because he can hit a 3 and I think he plays hard without trying to flail around, but that's not because he's athletic.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I DO give credit to Garza because he can hit a 3 and I think he plays hard without trying to flail around, but that's not because he's athletic.
I love Garza. Always gives his all, has decent post moves and can hit the occasional 3....but he isn’t athletic. He’s an easy kid to root for...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love Garza. Always gives his all, has decent post moves and can hit the occasional 3....but he isn’t athletic. He’s an easy kid to root for...

Yeah nothing against him from what I've seen but that dude's comments were kind of amazing. To make it worse iirc Garza was on the ground still a few times while Michigan outletted to work on their 3 man weave drill.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Serious question: does he have acromegaly?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
They always mention their offense, but never their defense. Need improvement there to be contenders to get out of the first weekend.
Their coach wrote the book on it.

81iaGxxnXtL._SY445_.jpg

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The "offense isn't the problem" crowd is the real hoot.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You can chart a path to the Final Four for most competitive high-major programs, especially if upperclassman-heavy and assuming recruiting goes as best it can.

Iowa is going to have a lot of offensive firepower if their roster ends up in the way described in the article. They are still probably going to suck at defense, though.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You can chart a path to the Final Four for most competitive high-major programs, especially if upperclassman-heavy and assuming recruiting goes as best it can.

Iowa is going to have a lot of offensive firepower if their roster ends up in the way described in the article. They are still probably going to suck at defense, though.
Sure, if Iowa ends up pulling Xavier Foster (#32 in the nation) and Jalen Suggs (#9 in the nation), along with their current guys, they would definitely be talked about as a top team. Fran's never brought in a recruit that high, ever. So I don't know why someone would assume all of a sudden they're going to get two blue chip players in the same year. Iowa hasn't made a Sweet 16 since 1999 and have had some good teams during that time, and this guy has the audacity to state with those two guys they are a serious contender to win it all two years from now?

Help Support Us

Become a patron