Game of Thrones Season 8

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Thanks. I haven't had time to watch much tv lately. We made it through another 15-20 minutes last night. It seemed like it was getting better.

TIL so far:
The production schedule seemed pretty grueling for everyone.
The Brits are way better at swearing than us.

I thought it was OK, and it really highlighted the grueling nature of the last season, but at 2 hours, I found it boring overall. The Night King actor was funny, though.

And I loved it when they brought back the Waif and Jaqen H'ghar actors as red herrings to throw off any "spies" that might leak info.

I will forever be bummed that my predicted ending of Arya getting killed by Jaqen H'ghar as the third "oh ****" moment never came to be. I was waiting for it all the time she was on the ship, but the show runners clearly went 100% fan service and could not bring themselves to take out the heroine.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I thought it was OK, and it really highlighted the grueling nature of the last season, but at 2 hours, I found it boring overall. The Night King actor was funny, though.

And I loved it when they brought back the Waif and Jaqen H'ghar actors as red herrings to throw off any "spies" that might leak info.

I will forever be bummed that my predicted ending of Arya getting killed by Jaqen H'ghar as the third "oh ****" moment never came to be. I was waiting for it all the time she was on the ship, but the show runners clearly went 100% fan service and could not bring themselves to take out the heroine.

I think that Arya heading off on the ship is the prelude to a new series.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Haha that would be quite the turn given where the episode was while she was on the ship. You really were expecting that to happen when the music was at its most dramatic point and it was clear they were getting a happy sendoff? That would've been a ridiculous twist that would've made zero sense. But yeah the showrunners didn't have the balls to give you your bizarre ending.

Sorry, that's my main beef of the Season 8 detractors. A lot of storylines had been wrapped up, but fans kept clamoring for weird callbacks anyways.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I hope they do an animated sequel at some point. For me, the prequel lost a lot of my interest with how they handled the night king this season.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I hope they do an animated sequel at some point. For me, the prequel lost a lot of my interest with how they handled the night king this season.

I'd love to see an animated A Song of Ice and Fire series, where all of the imagery and more fantasy oriented stuff could be realized. I can only imagine how the dream sequences, and fight scenes would look. How glorious would Ned's fever dream about Lyanna be, or The Eyrie?

• Winner
Reactions: State43

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'd love to see an animated A Song of Ice and Fire series, where all of the imagery and more fantasy oriented stuff could be realized. I can only imagine how the dream sequences, and fight scenes would look. How glorious would Ned's fever dream about Lyanna be, or The Eyrie?

I never thought I'd watch GoT, and definitely never thought i'd read the books. But an animated series is a nerd bridge I'm not willing to cross. :D

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I never thought I'd watch GoT, and definitely never thought i'd read the books. But an animated series is a nerd bridge I'm not willing to cross. :D

I think an animated series about Valyria would be great and would work well with the dragons, magic, and supposedly magnificent cities. It would be cool to see a series that starts from the herders in Valyria discovering dragons with each season skipping several generations so you can see their rise, conquests, and eventual fall.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
D8GM6hRUEAAAg7o.jpg:large

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't get it

Apparently, it was an incidental casualty of the dragon's frustration (which I agree, is dumb). Doing so on purpose would have at least given some deeper meaning to the event, and give some sense of sentience to the dragons.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron