LandGrant Gauntlet ranks ISU linebackers #1

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
"Expect the Cyclones to have one of the best defenses in the country next year, and the linebackers should have a lot to do with it."

200w.webp

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Not only is this an awesome feeling to have about the defense but never until recently have I said to myself "Man the Big 12 offenses better get creative to score on ISU's defense" ....good luck Big 12 offensive coordinators.

Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Love to see this......Marcel definitely has been a solid player and brings energy...Rose is just off the charts upside...AND, playing behind a good D line only makes me more excited!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Excited to watch Rose. Get the sense that he's going to take it up a notch even from last season. I don't think we'll get him for four years.

One of those things that you'd love it if he's there for all four, but if he's not, some good things have happened just like DM and Butler.

I'd like to think that means good things for the player but also for the team on the whole.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Can't find it in gif form but there were some plays he made last year where he blew up what otherwise looked like the opponents' big play on a bubble or similar that was crazy impressive.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
One of those things that you'd love it if he's there for all four, but if he's not, some good things have happened just like DM and Butler.

I'd like to think that means good things for the player but also for the team on the whole.
95% of the time if a guy is going early, everyone's been getting in on that cream.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Top 3 is a little bizarro world.

1. Iowa State
2. Tech
3. West Virginia

I agree. However, they do base it off of returning proven talent mostly. So of course OU and Texas will have the best potential to climb up the rankings. It will just be with unproven talent. I have a feeling snap count of projected starters is basically how they did the majority of their evaluation.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Don't forget 6'6'' freak of nature McDonald let loose on the edge and in space. I'm salivating.
Oh, agree...I withheld mentioning as we've not seen it yet...but if he's even half as much of a freak they say, should be VERY solid.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Excited to watch Rose. Get the sense that he's going to take it up a notch even from last season. I don't think we'll get him for four years.
Just a fun story I tell people. We stuck around late after a game to hang out and let the lots clear. We walked on the west side of JTS to get back to our car and saw some kid walking out of Bergstrom with his mom and looked like they were heading to where she was parked. We were close enough and walking fast enough that I finally could see it was Rose. It was just so enlighting to realize these kids that are playing in college that we watch every week are just that, kids. It looked like something that could have been at any high school across the nation on a Friday evening.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
He's 6'4. Enyi is 6'6.

This site ranked us #1 for DL too. Why do these preview magazines think so highly of our defensive line but not mention Uwazurike? I think he is the guy who is going to be blowing up plays.