Yard Care for Dummies

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
Must be Dicamba

It has the ester formulation of 2,4-D where most homeowner products are the amine form. I believe the ester form is more volatile and subject to drift at warmer also temperatures. It also contains mcpp, dicamba, and a carfentrazone kicker that speeds up burndown. It's great at killing weeds in colder temps like early Spring or late Fall.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It has the ester formulation of 2,4-D where most homeowner products are the amine form. I believe the ester form is more volatile and subject to drift at warmer also temperatures. It also contains mcpp, dicamba, and a carfentrazone kicker that speeds up burndown. It's great at killing weeds in colder temps like early Spring or late Fall.

Ester can drift, but usually once applied it will sit and be fine. Dicamba will grow legs. It will decide that it's current spot is too hot and it will get up and move over to some place else.

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
Ester can drift, but usually once applied it will sit and be fine. Dicamba will grow legs. It will decide that it's current spot is too hot and it will get up and move over to some place else.

Dicamba has been in the news a lot lately. I think it's banned in several states. I'm pretty sure Missouri banned it for ag use a few years back.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
A buddy of mine just told me about Scott's my lawn app. It tells u exactly when to apply everything to your lawn. I just downloaded it myself. Really good app if a person isnt knowledgeable on this type of stuff.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dicamba has been in the news a lot lately. I think it's banned in several states. I'm pretty sure Missouri banned it for ag use a few years back.

Not in Iowa, I have it in a pre-emerge that I drop for my corn. There will be ticked off people if they ban it in the farming world.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
Clover can also be a sign of a lack of nitrogen. If you are due for an app of fert do that and some spraying of Bayer Advanced Weed Killer should get rid of a decent amount of it.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Anyone having luck finding milorganite? Want to put down a 2nd application, but not having luck finding it anywhere. The guy at Ankeny hardware was saying there is a national shortage of it currently.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Anyone having luck finding milorganite? Want to put down a 2nd application, but not having luck finding it anywhere. The guy at Ankeny hardware was saying there is a national shortage of it currently.

Bomgaars in Grimes has it. Saw it at mills not long ago. thiesens might have some.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneGuy8

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Considered starting a new thread but decided to post here... anyone have any good recommendations for WoodPecker pest control? I've not had any luck with a long term solution and the sucker(s) come back each year generally in the spring and fall. I am getting sick of paying to have the siding repaired. (The damage is generally on second story which is too high for my ladder ability) Yes I know a BB gun is an option, while technically illegal to kill, I have moved beyond the fear of civil penalties. With that said, I rarely see them in action. It now appears they are nesting as I am finding pieces of insulation on the ground below the damage. Anyone???? Please help.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Considered starting a new thread but decided to post here... anyone have any good recommendations for WoodPecker pest control? I've not had any luck with a long term solution and the sucker(s) come back each year generally in the spring and fall. I am getting sick of paying to have the siding repaired. (The damage is generally on second story which is too high for my ladder ability) Yes I know a BB gun is an option, while technically illegal to kill, I have moved beyond the fear of civil penalties. With that said, I rarely see them in action. It now appears they are nesting as I am finding pieces of insulation on the ground below the damage. Anyone???? Please help.

What exactly are these little peckers doing? You don't mention what damage or problem they are creating.

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA

Honestly, the only we did that worked was have vinyl siding installed.

Nothing would stop them from pecking holes in the wood siding - NOTHING. (very frustrating)

Reactions: Cyclone06

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron