2019 ISU vs EIU - 3pm kick off time

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
The bigger question is Iowa going to have a let down against us after an intense conference rivalry game vs. Rutgers the week before?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I
I'd rather they come for Texas game. Hopefully we're a top 5 match up that's too good to pass up.
FIFY—after both beating OU. With Texas being the lower rated team that Saturday.

7 pm openers against whatever FCS school we play is great. What happened last year likely won’t happen again in our lifetimes.
I’d be fine with not playing another FCS team again in our lifetime. Especially bored with UNI.

Reactions: wgleason

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
3 PM kickoff, 3PM KICK ASS. Baby brother wakes up from a nap to get his butt whipped. By the way, a friendly reminder, don't sell any extra tickets to Tavern Hoks. Keep them out of Jack Trice.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
The Drake game (that didn't actually happen anyway) isn't a very good example of that.

Man, this has got me thinking about the Drake game again. Between the broadcast and the nearly losing, that was the most unenjoyable football win I've ever witnessed. Just a terrible 3 hours, I was literally sick to my stomach for most of it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yes, it's real. Not sure why my statement qualified for the typical, tiresome, one-note cydkar snark. I qualified it with "as an out of state fan", meaning I'm not going to be there. It's a holiday weekend. I have plenty of options that Saturday, but my loyalty to ISU keeps me at home waiting to watch a ****** broadcast against a ****** opponent. If the game is at 5 CT, I get to have my cake and eat it too.
You aren't going to be there yet are whining about the kickoff time? Give me a break.

I honestly didn't think it was real. No snark at all. But now that it was real I guess you can retroactively apply the snark.

That said, I'm glad you care enough to whine about it. Some don't.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Man, this has got me thinking about the Drake game again. Between the broadcast and the nearly losing, that was the most unenjoyable football win I've ever witnessed. Just a terrible 3 hours, I was literally sick to my stomach for most of it.
I was indoors hitting golf balls and drinking. I checked the score now and then but I know I had a better time. :)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
7 pm openers against whatever FCS school we play is great. What happened last year likely won’t happen again in our lifetimes.
It was hot as hell during the day last year. I remember rejoicing that the game was later. The fact that the storm hit was just bad luck but it started as a beautiful evening, following a sweltering afternoon.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009

I was at the Drake game. I can assure you that watching a crappy broadcast at home was better than seeing it live in person.

• Agree
Reactions: TruClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I still wish that they would have that first game on Thursday night. Those were fun and you get all day Saturday to watch other games.

No, those Thursday night games sucked. They were a pain in the *** to plan for and they deprived us of a Saturday tailgate. It's one thing if we play on a Thursday because the game is nationally televised but to do it just because? Thats a hard no for me.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
You aren't going to be there yet are whining about the kickoff time? Give me a break.

I honestly didn't think it was real. No snark at all. But now that it was real I guess you can retroactively apply the snark.

That said, I'm glad you care enough to whine about it. Some don't.

Kickoff times have consequences for people not at the stadium. It's May. I'm free to whine.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Don’t disagree with you there. I’m tired of uni as well.

I don't disagree. I think it comes down to UNI just being an easy game to get. The contracts are all done with no state-to-state crap to worry about. UNI likes it because there's very little travel cost so they keep more of the guarantee. Iowa State is always going to sell out or near sell out that first weekend anyway so why not play a bad FCS team? Get Missouri State or North Dakota or Northern Colorado on the phone.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

Help Support Us

Become a patron