USA Today Preseason Top 25, Hoks Drop Out, Tears Shed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Mods should move this thread to the In-State Rivals forum...

Seriously, the obsession that some of the members of this forum have with Iowa is unhealthy, and getting to the point that they are just as bad, and if not worse that the Iowa fans that they like to poke so much fun at.

This article should be about how the Cyclones keep getting recognition and are even climbing in the eyes of the national media in the off-season! But no, its about how the Hawkeyes slipped out.

It's threads like this that make me have to take breaks from these forums.

418 posts in 8 years, 1 post a week. Pace yourself buddy and keep taking those breaks.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Can't wait for the emergence of Matt Purdy this year...

15. Iowa State (17)

"Matt Campbell left the spring praising newcomer Breece Hall at running back and incumbent quarterback Matt Purdy, the two keys to the Cyclones' offensive success. Another reason to be optimistic: Iowa State's defense looks built to last in the Big 12. The defensive front in particular showed this spring why it's a major asset."

Jeff Prohm's illegitimate son

• Funny
Reactions: Cyder91 and harimad

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Mods should move this thread to the In-State Rivals forum...

Seriously, the obsession that some of the members of this forum have with Iowa is unhealthy, and getting to the point that they are just as bad, and if not worse that the Iowa fans that they like to poke so much fun at.

This article should be about how the Cyclones keep getting recognition and are even climbing in the eyes of the national media in the off-season! But no, its about how the Hawkeyes slipped out.

It's threads like this that make me have to take breaks from these forums.
Leave it to a hawk fan to tell an internet janitor what to do

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Like the stats about the growing number of ISU alums in the state, but the number of tavern hoks is still a large number. The number of 45+ year old guys and family members who have never been to Iowa City, but live and die black and calf **** yellow will lessen in time, but never too soon.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You know this will be mentioned daily around that program everyday this summer. It will only make this game a bigger deal to KF and BF. Which, I honestly didn't think was possible.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
The fact that anybody moves in a preseason poll confirms how useless they are IMO. Unless there is a superstar addition/subtraction or a coaching change why would the ranking change?

When it's my turn to be god there will be no polls until at least week 4 of the season.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I cant wait for the days when we quit wasting time on Western Chicago Suburban Community College Iowa City Campus.
Be careful. My daughter knows a lot of kids that are planning to go to ISU as well. We're smack dab in the middle of the area you're putting down.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Just ordered myself a baseball throwing machine. Gonna launch some balls in the hok section and see how many old men steal the balls from the children

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Be careful. My daughter knows a lot of kids that are planning to go to ISU as well. We're smack dab in the middle of the area you're putting down.
Correct. You can't blame a child for being born in smack dab in the middle of the crappiest fanbase any more than you can blame a child for being born in the poorest country of Africa. We should be sending these kids Cyclone gear by the truckload and do what we can to set them on a prosperous path.

• Optimistic
  • Creative
Reactions: Cyder91 and CySmurf

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Correct. You can't blame a child for being born in smack dab in the middle of the crappiest fanbase any more than you can blame a child for being born in the poorest country of Africa. We should be sending these kids Cyclone gear by the truckload and do what we can to set them on a prosperous path.
I bet it’s hard to get a truckload to Africa. Do semi trucks even float?

• Funny
Reactions: CySmurf

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I know it's only a pre-season poll but step back and appreciate this in context of the often painful history of being an ISU football fan over decades.

The previous two seasons were quite a thing.
It's amazing! I'm not sure I've ever been this excited about an upcoming sports season. Not even a basketball season. Who knows what will happen, but we have never been more set up for a really special season in football.

• Funny
Reactions: Darling Picky