Equipment sale June 1st

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I live in Ames and have debated on going. Wonder how many people will be camping out overnight to get in line at 6 am?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I live in Ames and have debated on going. Wonder how many people will be camping out overnight to get in line at 6 am?

I'm not confident that they will have a system that honors those that arrive earliest, keeps people from saving spaces in line for others, or prevents latecomers from cutting the line and/or rushing the door in front of those who were in line at 6am.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I hope they have a good system for lining up (like a number system for those who get in line early). It would be a shame for people to rush the door at 8am and push past people who were in line at 6am.

LOL it happens every year... I haven't been to the equipment sale for several years because people suck. It's embarrassing seeing all of the stuff just thrown all over the ground.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Do people really think that they are going to be able to hold people back from lining up before 6am? Honestly I don't forsee that happening. I bet people start lining up way before that. As one person posted, the last one he lined up at 4:30 in the morning.

As far as rushing the doors, it would be a good deal if they were to figure a system out, but there really isn't a way of doing it.

My worry would be people going up and down those stairs in there. I am surprised that they want to take on that liability.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Do people really think that they are going to be able to hold people back from lining up before 6am? Honestly I don't forsee that happening. I bet people start lining up way before that. As one person posted, the last one he lined up at 4:30 in the morning.

As far as rushing the doors, it would be a good deal if they were to figure a system out, but there really isn't a way of doing it.

My worry would be people going up and down those stairs in there. I am surprised that they want to take on that liability.

The guy who got in first last time lined up the night before. I anticipate there will be people doing the same thing. If people show up at 6 the line will already be pretty long.

If I remember correctly, last time they only let in so many people at a time.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

They have a pretty good system for handling students who line up overnight before basketball games. Just do something like that.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I think I was #10 or so in line for the last sale. Got there at 5am or something like that. People near the front had huge rubbermaid tubs to scoop stuff into. That is not allowed this time. They let Cyclone Club members get access first and they didn't have the "don't line up early" rule last time. It was still dark out when I arrived. I'm not sure what happened behind me, but it was easy to jog over, grab a couple basketball jerseys (my main want) and a football helmet. I don't recall anyone pushing to the front and the line was HUGE.

The painful part of the day last time was having to wait another couple hours in line after I had my stuff to check out. That part sucked.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Yes, last time there was a special line for NCC and we got in like an hour earlier or something.

I DO hope they have security not letting people camp out or show up early. I dislike rule-breakers who eff up the system out of their own selfishness and greed.

Love the rule about no bins!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
butt-smacks1.gif

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Yes, last time there was a special line for NCC and we got in like an hour earlier or something.

I DO hope they have security not letting people camp out or show up early. I dislike rule-breakers who eff up the system out of their own selfishness and greed.

Love the rule about no bins!

On the map I see security near the doors - it will just be a matter of how early they hired the security to arrive and turn people away before 6.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
On the map I see security near the doors - it will just be a matter of how early they hired the security to arrive and turn people away before 6.

Yeah but those images show the security inside the SEZ Club. Gate 3 is part of the fence around the stadium. Here is what the announcement says:

"Fans wishing to shop the equipment sale can start lining up no earlier than 6 a.m., outside of Gate 3 near the Sukup End Zone Club at MidAmerican Energy Field at Jack Trice Stadium."

Gate 3 is the outside gate:

upload_2019-5-30_12-1-32.png

That gate is wide open to the public, that is why I don't think they will be able to keep people from lining up before 6am unless they move security outside of Gate 3, and then make them move inside the gate and SEZ Club at 6am.

• Informative
Reactions: huntt26

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA

not gonna lie, that pink women's jerseys might be the one i snag.

Looks awesome, so bummed I can't get there from DC!

As I mentioned earlier, if anyone gets any extra black Nike stuff in XL (preferably sweatshirts and polos) I'd be willing to pay double what they are charging for it for the time and effort!

ArtVandelay

Jan 21, 2013
West Des Moines
I heard they are replacing the turf in Bergstrom ans they cut it into squares and are selling that and Coach Campbell is signing autographs there at 8am also. I also heard that Mojazz has 4fers at 8am and penny pitchers at Big Shots.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006

not gonna lie, that pink women's jerseys might be the one i snag.
Looks like great stuff, but my animosity for lines and pushy a-holes will be keeping me away. I liked when they let donors in for a set amount of time before. I snuck in just before the plebs were able to run amok.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Looks awesome, so bummed I can't get there from DC!

As I mentioned earlier, if anyone gets any extra black Nike stuff in XL (preferably sweatshirts and polos) I'd be willing to pay double what they are charging for it for the time and effort!

Where do you live?
Looks like great stuff, but my animosity for lines and pushy a-holes will be keeping me away. I liked when they let donors in for a set amount of time before. I snuck in just before the plebs were able to run amok.

If you got let in early with the donors and were dealing with pushy a-holes does that mean donors are pushy a-holes

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron