INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Naz and his medical redshirt went just fine, too.

That was a pretty cut-and-dried case, though, nothing requiring the judgement that it is going to require for a more general "hardship" as with Kempt and soon with Bolton.
Ines Nezerwa had a case that wasn't cut and dried. The NCAA could have easily shafted her, but they did the right thing. I have been critical of the organization for their whimsical take on waivers, punishment, eligibility, etc. but they have gotten it right for ISU lately.

Reactions: Cycsk

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah, until the NCAA officially grants the waiver I am just going to assume he isn’t eligible.

I'm permanently scarred from the juxtaposition of Lucca Staiger's 1 year suspension because he was paid $0 and someone else was paid $500 he didn't know about and the NCAA saying it's fine for Auburn to pay its QB $300,000 as long as the money went to his dad and not him.

Looking at those two decisions in '08 and '10 I pretty much penciled in the NCAA as a known criminal syndicate.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The only thing I count on with the NCAA is for them to be consistently inconsistent. I won't expect this to go through until the very second ISU has the approval in hand.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah, until the NCAA officially grants the waiver I am just going to assume he isn’t eligible.

This. We have to apply the ISU nut kick factor which probably moves this from 90% likely to 30% likely. There is also a 2% chance that the NCAA will make Bolton ineligible because he used blue ink instead of black ink when filling out the waiver.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Wait, your telling me that you can’t find clear information about the wrongdoings of a Penn State coaching staff?

Now that you mention it, ever since we've started recruiting Bolton my buttt has
The only thing I count on with the NCAA is for them to be consistently inconsistent. I won't expect this to go through until the very second ISU has the approval in hand.

On B12 radio last night, they said NCAA grants about 70% of the requests over the last several years (all sports I think).

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth