RECRUITING INSIDER: Rasir Bolton decision coming soon (commits!)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm not saying he's the greatest shooter of all time I was simply saying he was a pretty good shooter who took and made some tough shots throughout his career at CSU. He also had a full year of practicing his craft and competing against really talented guards during his off year.. If he isn't better now than he was at CSU, I'd be a bit disappointed, but we'll see. I'd be completely fine with Halliburton breaking his guy down when we need a shot, get by his man and kick it to an open player / shooting the ball himself.

Tyrese seems to me like a guy who might peak around 14-16 pts per game, since his game is more about efficiency than volume, but who could fill a key offensive role next year by doing exactly as you suggest.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Tyrese seems to me like a guy who might peak around 14-16 pts per game, since his game is more about efficiency than volume, but who could fill a key offensive role next year by doing exactly as you suggest.
I'd be completely fine with Halliburton averaging that while also averaging 5-6 apg.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yup, the KU payouts this year were less than what he could make in NZ, evidently. Tough times in Lawrence.
Don’t be ridiculous. When they handed over that shoebox full of cash, they didn’t ask for a signed receipt. Kid isn’t dumb—he gets both.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s..._l-jPZKlRPGjU4vDWZzK3dTbT4orhQCEEDalXLY4jdh1c

"Rasir's visit to Ames also featured something else ...

A conversation with former Cyclone and current Denver Nuggets guard Monte Morris."

""He’s in the NBA playoffs — but he’s taking time off to talk to me," Bolton said. "It was pretty cool just talking to him, learning about basketball and how he sees the game because he’s so good — his assist-to-turnover ratio and how he plays, and of course he's in the NBA playoffs. So just trying to get the game from that perspective."

To Ray Bolton, Morris' willingness to spend time helping his former coach recruit a player showed how Prohm forms lasting connections with his guys."

It helps when you have actual NBA guys talk to kids about a program rather than Iowa City All stars

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I always thought the exact opposite. I felt like George embraced it immediately, and it took Monte half a year to come around. Also the displays between Monte and Prohm's son show their bond in his SR year.

Pretty sure Georges and Prohm started off great with Prohm having an open office for Niang all the time to talk about bball life whatever, and CSP picking Georges' brain about approaching his senior year.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I always thought the exact opposite. I felt like George embraced it immediately, and it took Monte half a year to come around. Also the displays between Monte and Prohm's son show their bond in his SR year.

Same here. Seemed like Georges was a critical piece in the transition.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Man, that program is reeling right now. Remember when we had people claiming no signings in the first two weeks of the spring was a sign of trouble? Sounds like first world problems compared to what these guys are going through.

Penn State right now reminds me of the McDermott years. Everytime we thought we had a good team. Something would happen like Wes Johnson transferring.

Reactions: heitclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pretty sure Georges and Prohm started off great with Prohm having an open office for Niang all the time to talk about bball life whatever, and CSP picking Georges' brain about approaching his senior year.
Also, the upperclassmen got together and decided that it was important to buy in and make the most of the new coaching staff. It takes effort by both sides (those who come in and those who were already there) to make a transition like that fully successful.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Also, the upperclassmen got together and decided that it was important to buy in and make the most of the new coaching staff. It takes effort by both sides (those who come in and those who were already there) to make a transition like that fully successful.

Very true, though if the new coach steps on his crank a few times, it's really easy to lose the room.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Very true, though if the new coach steps on his crank a few times, it's really easy to lose the room.

And I just want to add that my comment wasn’t that I don’t think Georges didn’t work well with prohm or that he didn’t trust him or anything like that.

It was simply that it has never seemed like they had a close relationship. I think Monte and prohm did.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride