***Official USMNT Thread***

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Tough loss for the U20s yesterday. They controlled the ball for much of the game, but Ukraine punished a couple defensive mistakes to hand them the 2-1 loss.

RB Leipzig about ready to square off with Bayern Munich in the DFB Pokal final with Tyler Adams starting in midfield.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
US U-20s beat Nigeria U-20s 2-0.

Chucky/Herving Lozano (Mexican Player, there was a big uproar after failing to qualify about not recruiting him since he's Mexican American by some) will miss the gold cup with a torn MCL.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
US U-20s beat Nigeria U-20s 2-0.

Chucky/Herving Lozano (Mexican Player, there was a big uproar after failing to qualify about not recruiting him since he's Mexican American by some) will miss the gold cup with a torn MCL.

I watched the U-20 game, and the second goal by Soto was an absolute piece of art. If that is the future than I am all in. Having a Left Back that can attack (Gloster) is such a foreign sight for us Americans I was yelling at the TV that he was out of position!

The Gold Cup team is allot of Ehhhh, Whatever. We all know its going to be more of Altidore and Bradley and Trapp and Arriola and Zardes. Not that we have much else right now because we lost and entire generation forcing them into MLS, but it just is what it is. Getting Adams, Weston and Pulisic together is the only fun part of this team.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I watched the U-20 game, and the second goal by Soto was an absolute piece of art. If that is the future than I am all in. Having a Left Back that can attack (Gloster) is such a foreign sight for us Americans I was yelling at the TV that he was out of position!

The Gold Cup team is allot of Ehhhh, Whatever. We all know its going to be more of Altidore and Bradley and Trapp and Arriola and Zardes. Not that we have much else right now because we lost and entire generation forcing them into MLS, but it just is what it is. Getting Adams, Weston and Pulisic together is the only fun part of this team.
It was a nice effort. That said the keeper was utterly pathetic on any useful effort.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
It was a nice effort. That said the keeper was utterly pathetic on any useful effort.

Sigggghhhhh, yes the finish didn't need to be clinical, but I was more or less referring to the possession, build up and attack. Its something that we haven't seen in a very long time.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Sigggghhhhh, yes the finish didn't need to be clinical, but I was more or less referring to the possession, build up and attack. Its something that we haven't seen in a very long time.
Not taking anything away from the effort, the connectivity in the development etc. merely saying that the keeper really put forth a pathetic effort. I am not proposing clinical finishes by any means. I am saying that keep sucked.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Okay, I need to make a couple corrections, the u-20 WC is in May in Poland, our U17 CONCACAF roster was just announced this week, the whole thing is wonky as heck but we should get out of our group easily because 3 out of the 4 teams in each group advance and join 4 other teams in the Round of 16, Tournament starts on May 1st, Semifinalists on qualify and looking at our roster, which is full of young and talented lads like the Sounders stars I just aforementioned, Gio Reyna (Supposed to go to Dortmund soon), Gianluca Busio, who has a good amount of playing time with Sporting KC, the chances are pretty high I think of us qualifying.

Also USL twitter announced that a new USL League 1 team is set to be announced next week, this team is located somewhere in a state that doesn't have either a USL Championship or League 1 team. Is Des Moines Menace the team that will be announced? Who knows, but based on the footprint of the USL1, my guess is that it's either Omaha or Des Moines to help bridge the gap between the rest of the league and FC Tuscon but I also feel like I could be grasping at straws too.

EDIT: Forgot to add that there's a new lawsuit to add to the lawsuit pile as well. Relevent Sports is suing USSF because of conflict of interest between SUM and the USSF over being blocked from hosting other federation league games, this the company that was trying to get La Liga to host official in season games on US Soil but was blocked by La Liga but this is over blocking an Ecuadorian game on US Soil, which was blocked by USSF.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
The U20s won their final group match today against Qatar 1-0 on a Tim Weah goal. They now have to wait to see who their opponent will be in the knockout round, but there’s a good chance that it will be France.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
It's officially France

Honduras lost 12-0 to Norway so the game is getting investigated for match fixing.

Something of note, a independent panel has approved Hope Solo's use of the Stephens Act, meaning the US Olympic Committee has to listen to her request of an inquiry into the USSF, which could end up with the USOC possibly reforming USSF. I felt like her firing was justified over her comments leading up and during the 2016 Olympics but she's sadly right as well.
http://hopesolo.com/2019/05/31/panel-rules-us-soccer-violation-of-law/

• Useful
Reactions: Cydwinder

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
The 28 Man roster ahead of the warmup friendly with Jamaica

Keepers: Sean Johnson, Tyler Miller, Zack Steffen
Forwards: Jozy Altidore, Jonathan Amon, Paul Arriola, Tyler Boyd, Joe Gyau, Jordan Morris, Josh Sargent, Gyasi Zardes
Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers, Omar Gonzalez, Nick Lima, Aaron Long, Daniel Lovitz, Matt Miazga, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Walker Zimmerman
Midfielders: Micheal Bradley, Duane Holmes, Sebastian Lletget, Weston McKennie, Djordje Mihailovic, Cristian Roldan, Wil Trapp, Jackson Yueill

*Something to note, this is not the official roster cut, they've been doing a joint camp between the Senior and u23 teams this week

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
It looks like they pulled it off right after the 2nd half water break, I only caught the 2nd France goal because of work. A bunch of the players and coaching staff were watching the game at practice as well. Next Opponent is Ecuador on Saturday

Pulisic will report to the Senior Team Camp on June 6th, Tyler Adams will report on June 11th

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Just finished watching the France win on DVR and have a couple thoughts.

Konrad de la Fuente gets a lot of hype because he’s a Barcelona kid. He’s looked ok in this tournament, but honestly every time Uly Llanez has come in for him Llanez has just looked fantastic. Tricky with the ball, drawing fouls, but also dangerous with his dribble and advancing into attacking positions. KDLF deserves some slack because he’s only 17, he’ll still be eligible for the next U20 WC in 2021. But at this point, I’d like to see Llanez get a start against Ecuador.

Tab really has liked to go with both Durkin and Servania as 2 of the 3 midfielders when both are available. I think he needs to pick 1 of those 2 to be the 6 and then go with Pomykal and Ledezma as the other mids. I honestly think I prefer Servania to Durkin, but given Pomykal isn’t afraid to mix it up defensively as a box-to-box guy you can go with Ledezma in a freer attacking role. It makes the US a more threatening team without really sacrificing a ton defensively.

Overall though, way to go guys!!!

Last edited:

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
In other U20 news, both Soto and Gloster are drawing interest from Dortmund. They're both already over in Germany with Hannover, but Hannover was relegated out of the Budesliga this season. Spending a season in the 2 Bundesliga wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as they both would stand to see a good amount of run, but they are getting looks from bigger clubs.

Soto has obviously been great and everybody will be paying attention to the 4 goals he's scored this tournment, but don't sleep on Gloster. He's been solid at left back and has found a really encouraging balance between joining the attack and locking things down defensively.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states/story/3868131/source-uss-sotogloster-may-leave-hannover

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron