Submit Your Questions for the 5/29 Mid-Week Mailbag

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Best potato side at a fast food? Wedges, regular fries, tots, crinkle fries, chips, baked chips, curly fries or something else.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Dear Fitzy,

I walked into my backyard yesterday and turned a corner and nearly **** myself because I was about 2' away from a group of 4 deer. Note that the deer were also freaked out and ran away. This brings me to my question.

What is the most annoying yard animal?
-Squirrel
-Rabbit
-Deer
-Chipmunk

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Dear Fitzy,

I walked into my backyard yesterday and turned a corner and nearly **** myself because I was about 2' away from a group of 4 deer. Note that the deer were also freaked out and ran away. This brings me to my question.

What is the most annoying yard animal?
-Squirrel
-Rabbit
-Deer
-Chipmunk

Stuff that can dig under driveways and foundations are way worse than any of those.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Just to let you all know, the Mid-Week Mailbag has been submitted and its exposure to the public is now out of my hands. Please direct all complaints to @JStanz51 in the meantime. Thanks.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I usually just use Italian dressing. Teriyaki and even BBQ sauce (slightly watered down) works well. I've created one using white wine, oil and spices but it's not much better than Italian dressing.
Thanks for the advice. I use Italian dressing for a pork marinade so I will try the same with chicken. When trying to grill chicken breasts, it usually goes from under-cooked to dried out very quickly. The marinade will hopefully help.

Reactions: jcyclonee

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Just to let you all know, the Mid-Week Mailbag has been submitted and its exposure to the public is now out of my hands. Please direct all complaints to @JStanz51 in the meantime. Thanks.
@JStanz51

giphy.gif

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Thanks for the advice. I use Italian dressing for a pork marinade so I will try the same with chicken. When trying to grill chicken breasts, it usually goes from under-cooked to dried out very quickly. The marinade will hopefully help.

Lately I've been using the InstantPot to get some decent chicken breasts. I seem to be able to keep them somewhat juicy, and can throw some in and cook from frozen. YMMV.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Marinating is definitely a key point, I've also found if you tenderize/pound them out so they are an even thickness, helps a lot with getting them cooked evenly and taste worth while. I would agree, hind quarters or the whole chicken are my preferred cuts.

Anywoo, when you starting up that next game of mafia Fitzy?
Just read this and was reminded. Good question... May get a sign up thread going in the next couple days and try to start one next week.

• Friendly
Reactions: discydisc