2018/19 UEFA Champions League

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I'd take him but we have some good assist men in Robbo and TAA and Trent is 7 years younger than Erikson. Spuds should be better next season without their players all being crocked from world cup. They were knackered and they got injured because of it.

Not so sure about that. Alderwierld is probably gone. Erikson could be. Oh, and Poch might be out the door too with Juve open and possibly PSG. They lose Poch, let alone the other 2 and its back to fighting for a top 4 spot for them.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
They mancs hired Ole full time HUGE MISTAKE but I love it. Pudge isn't going to Madrid maybe PSG if they sack Tommy Tuchaltone but..... No idea who will go or who will stay. Bale might be coming back ;)

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
5 days until disappointment per usual!
Arsenal fans love living in the past, crying about not receiving respect for their 2004 team! I'm going to laugh when Arsenal comes up short in the Unai Emery Cup Final tomorrow afternoon and you spend another season playing weeknights in Uzbekistan or Albania!

An Arsenal loss (expected) and a Spurs win (unexpected but all the pressure is on Liverpool) would be Christmas in May!!! Damn, I just can't stop smiling at the prospect...

• Creative
Reactions: CyDude16

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Agree this is a gimme for spuds- No pressure of expectation or burden of history potentially wearing them down. To get to another CL final after losing it last year. Klopp having lost all his finals the pressure is totally on us. I hate one off games because anything can happen and the best team does not always win. See greatest game ever played Istanbul 2005-

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Arsenal fans love living in the past, crying about not receiving respect for their 2004 team! I'm going to laugh when Arsenal comes up short in the Unai Emery Cup Final tomorrow afternoon and you spend another season playing weeknights in Uzbekistan or Albania!

An Arsenal loss (expected) and a Spurs win (unexpected but all the pressure is on Liverpool) would be Christmas in May!!! Damn, I just can't stop smiling at the prospect...

Again, it’s rather amusing you speak of living in the past when Tottenham haven’t won a trophy in over a decade, and took 20 years of the premier league to ever finish above arsenal.

Carry on showing why absolutely no one respects your team, it’s fan base, or their history. I guess that’s what happens when you constantly live in the shadows.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Again, it’s rather amusing you speak of living in the past when Tottenham haven’t won a trophy in over a decade, and took 20 years of the premier league to ever finish above arsenal.

I don't care what Spurs did ten or twenty years ago, because it's not pertinent to what will happen on Saturday in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL. I'm enjoying the present and looking towards a bright future, while you seem unable to stop talking about the past!

I hope Spurs prevail on Saturday, but I won't be crushed if it doesn't happen this year. I have a wife who's as pretty as the day we met, my third of three children graduated from college last weekend and I have an ugly dog who loves me. The dog's name is Hugo, as in Lloris, the World Cup winning goalie who could add a Champion's League Cup to his resume soon...

As soon as this is over, we can bond over our mutual love of ISU and the Green Bay Packers... :)

• Informative
Reactions: CyDude16

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Where in DM are people going to watch the game? I anticipate the Royal Mile will be packed to the brim early between anticipation of the game and the Downtown Farmers Market. Got some things going on until noon so don't expect I'll be able to get there in time to get a table/seat.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Where in DM are people going to watch the game? I anticipate the Royal Mile will be packed to the brim early between anticipation of the game and the Downtown Farmers Market. Got some things going on until noon so don't expect I'll be able to get there in time to get a table/seat.

Royal Mile will be packed. If you're not there before noon, I doubt you'll have a seat. I know there'll be at least 30 Liverpool faithful there.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
That's what I am assuming to be the case. Any other places you know of people will be at?

Unfortunately I don't...

I know the Keg Stand has hosted USMNT game watches in the past, so they might be worth a shot?