RECRUITING INSIDER: Rasir Bolton decision coming soon (commits!)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Welcome aboard!
Someone in Cyclone Alley needs to make a big flayed man sigil to bring to games.

latest

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Next year's team:

Guards
Prentiss
Tyrese
Bolton (assuming he gets the waiver)
Tre Jackson

Wings
T-Lew
Zion (can also play the 4)
Grill
Leech

Forwards
Conditt
Solo
Jacobson
Luke Anderson

That's enough talent to get back to the tourney if you're asking me..
If Bolton doesn't get the waiver, we need some better-than-expected wing play from Lewis, Griffin or one of the freshman. None of those possibilities is implausible. I say we're going back to the tourney.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What is the reason that he is using to claim the waiver?

Sorry, I have not seen this posted anywhere yet.

Unprofessional or even hostile environment at Penn State, including some Bobby Knight sorts of violent physical contact with players (not Rasir, but on the team, at least).

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Great news and welcome to CYCLONation Rasir! Credit the staff for having a plan, identifying the needs and executing.

As for the waiver guess we'll see. Prohm was on record he wanted a immediate eligible guard scorer with the last scholarship so I have to believe they think Bolton's case is legit.

Hines left this blurb in the Trib's Bolton commitment stroy.
"Bolton will seek a waiver from the NCAA for immediate eligibility, though the basis for the request remains unclear. Privately, ISU has expressed confidence that Bolton does have a strong case to make with the sport’s governing body, which has recently become liberal in granting waivers."

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...ate-transfer-rasir-bolton-commits-to-cylcones