Typical Hawkeye Mentality

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Are you saying Iowa hasn't had a basketball team for the last two decades?

Yep, that's exactly what he's saying.

It's not far from the truth though. Having Lickliter and Fran is basically like not having a program at all.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Yep, that's exactly what he's saying.

It's not far from the truth though. Having Lickliter and Fran is basically like not having a program at all.

I'd argue it's actually worse. At least with Baseball ISU fans just forget about it. With Iowa basketball they're reminded every time Fran has a nationally televised public meltdown. That'd be depressing and embarrassing all in one.

• Agree
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Could be my friend who was a lifelong Denver Nuggets fan until this year when he stopped being a fan because of Monte Morris. He's 41 and been following them for decades prior, this was likely the best year in the franchise history and he decided to jump off board because their sixth man was a Cyclone.
I could see some of our few irrational fans take this same stance.. only issue, who are the teams in the NBA who have Hawkeyes on their roster? ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I could see some of our few irrational fans take this same stance.. only issue, who are the teams in the NBA who have Hawkeyes on their roster? ;)

I’m a Packers fan and there have been enough hawks on the team. I’m not a Daniels fan due to the penalties he has. Goes off and gets flags thrown at poor times.

Jim Lahey

Nov 28, 2018
I’m a Packers fan and there have been enough hawks on the team. I’m not a Daniels fan due to the penalties he has. Goes off and gets flags thrown at poor times.
You don't think Daniels has been a good player for the Packers?

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Damn, I heard the talk of this on the radio and that made me cringe. Just watched the video. Ouch. Hawkeye, Cyclone, whomever... that is not right. I can see making a mistake in the moment but if this guy does not feel terrible about this now, he's a POS.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Damn, I heard the talk of this on the radio and that made me cringe. Just watched the video. Ouch. Hawkeye, Cyclone, whomever... that is not right. I can see making a mistake in the moment but if this guy does not feel terrible about this now, he's a POS.
He is a POS.

I figured he would be doxxed by now.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Best selling t-shirt in Iowa City:
for-the-isu-game-friday-make-sure-you-get-quick-shipping.jpg

Now that's some class.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City

/QUOTE]

FWIW, I've lived in Iowa City since October, 1998 and I've never seen this shirt. Not to defend hawk fans - I despise the majority of them as much as the next proud ISU alum, but this shirt is in the closet of the small-town hawk-lover who couldn't find the EIU campus with a map...

• Funny
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016

Now that's some class.

That is contradictory since the same could be said about their acronym (once someone explains what a function word is to them and it’s exclusion in acronyms; it is USA not USOA). But it wouldn’t be worth the time spent to contradict their strange homophobic purpose.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I kinda wondered what happened to old Yeahbuddy. I see he is getting out of the basement more and really flaunting his successes in life. Way to be proud of that! Hope you didn't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back after that theft!!