2019-20 Season: What Players Big 12 Teams Are Losing, Returning, And Adding

Jul 17, 2017
Ankeny, IA
Don't go crazy about Tech yet. Owens was a rim protector. I don't think they have one at the present time. Mooney was proven. They return 1 starter. They only have 1 point guard so it is critical for them to steal Hampton away from Kansas or to get USC grad transfer Thornton with their last open scholarship. They only have 3 returning players & will have at least 7 freshman. Do they really have a Culver on their new team? Their 2 new grad transfers- one was injured last year & the other was suspended all last year. If Rayjon Tucker stays in the draft, the rumor is Hampton could sign with Memphis. On paper as of today, Tech's last year's team is much better.

Terrance J

May 10, 2019
Don't go crazy about Tech yet. Owens was a rim protector. I don't think they have one at the present time. Mooney was proven. They return 1 starter. They only have 1 point guard so it is critical for them to steal Hampton away from Kansas or to get USC grad transfer Thornton with their last open scholarship. They only have 3 returning players & will have at least 7 freshman. Do they really have a Culver on their new team? Their 2 new grad transfers- one was injured last year & the other was suspended all last year. If Rayjon Tucker stays in the draft, the rumor is Hampton could sign with Memphis. On paper as of today, Tech's last year's team is much better.

I hope you're right. I know people were saying the same thing last year when they lost most of their players, but we saw how that went. I agree that the loss of Culver will be a big loss though.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Pretty good projection so far for the Red Raiders...

upload_2019-5-22_20-52-50.png

And a good-looking rotation...

upload_2019-5-22_20-53-35.png

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

I don't think anyone is saying last year's team isn't better than the current Tech team.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Does KU missing on almost all of their targets this Spring move the needle?
Nope.

Recruiting season isnt over yet. I like our chances with RJ Hampton and Jalen Wilson. That would give us a OAD Top 10 player, 2 guys ranked in the low 40s that would stick around 2+ seasons and 2 long term developmental guys. A perfectly balanced class to add to what looks like a solid group of returning players.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Kansas' Silvio DeSousa won his appeal and is officially eligible to play for the Jayhawks next season.

RJ Hampton has set a date and will announce his college choice this Tuesday, May 28th.

Reactions: nallen34

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Kansas' Silvio DeSousa won his appeal and is officially eligible to play for the Jayhawks next season.

RJ Hampton has set a date and will announce his college choice this Tuesday, May 28th.

I was in the process of posting this when you posted it. Lol. Didn't see your post before I posted it.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
TCU has a player returning to college who was testing the waters.

Desmond Bane-6’5 Sr SG , 15.2 ppg/5.7 rpg/2.4 apg/1.1 spg

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
TCU added a player today. This puts them at 14 scholarship players.

Jaire Grayer-6’5 RS/Sr SG(transfer from George Mason) , Immediately eligible as a graduate transfer , Redshirted during the 2018-19 school year due to a foot injury , 8.8 ppg/3.1 rpg/1.1 apg in 8 games during the 2018-19 school year , 12.3 ppg/7.3 rpg/1.3 apg/1.3 spg during the 2017-18 school year

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope.

Recruiting season isnt over yet. I like our chances with RJ Hampton and Jalen Wilson. That would give us a OAD Top 10 player, 2 guys ranked in the low 40s that would stick around 2+ seasons and 2 long term developmental guys. A perfectly balanced class to add to what looks like a solid group of returning players.

Lol I guess New Zealand out bid Kansas

Reactions: CyPunch