Typical Hawkeye Mentality

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's just pathetic that he staked his fandom on ONE player just because he came from a rival college team. And in the NBA, Monte likely won't be there forever either.

I'm a lifelong Packers fan, and I didn't denounce my fandom when they drafted Kampman, Bulaga, Hyde, etc.

When it comes to rivals people can also acknowledge when a player is good while hating the team. Those three were really solid players. And to add to it, Kampman is an Iowan to boot.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Could be my friend who was a lifelong Denver Nuggets fan until this year when he stopped being a fan because of Monte Morris. He's 41 and been following them for decades prior, this was likely the best year in the franchise history and he decided to jump off board because their sixth man was a Cyclone.
If Hawk fans are this thin skinned, there are going to be a lot of Chicago U of Iowa transplants who are going to disown the Bears when Montgomery tears it up this fall.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Bad idea, it’d just remind folks he eliminated the baseball program.
As others have pointed out, not Pollard. But still, running smack about college baseball, which no one cares about, is really a stretch. I mean, look at the 10s of fans in the stands at that game. It appears to be nothing but kids and the doosh fans who want to fight them for foul balls. And that's right behind home plate!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As others have pointed out, not Pollard. But still, running smack about college baseball, which no one cares about, is really a stretch. I mean, look at the 10s of fans in the stands at that game. It appears to be nothing but kids and the doosh fans who want to fight them for foul balls. And that's right behind home plate!
As I've stated before, the Hockey team deserves to be taken off of Club status before baseball.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
So the team walks up to the kid and hands him a signed ball and says...... "here kid, this is something the team decided to do for you since that d-bag Hawkeye fan took your foul ball from you."
Haha, meanwhile Hawk fans are saying that the team would never have given the kid that ball if it weren’t for that Hawk fan, so he really did the kid a service by stealing the foul ball and the kid should really be thanking him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Haha, meanwhile Hawk fans are saying that the team would never have given the kid that ball if it weren’t for that Hawk fan, so he really did the kid a service by stealing the foul ball and the kid should really be thanking him. :rolleyes:
Hawk fans are also saying that he got the foul ball for his grandson. The way he hoists it up in the air as it is some huge personal accomplishment says otherwise.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
My initial reaction was going to be, "how bad could it be, in a scrum for a ball, people aren't really paying attention to who else is trying to get it." Usually when an "adult" gets the ball and realizes a "kid" was right there, they will do the right thing and give them the ball.
Then I watched this video. There literally was no one else trying to get that ball besides those two. Then to ensure he would be a unanimous selection in the Hawkeye D-Bag Hall of Fame, he celebrates like his team just won the National Title.

Pathetic. Maybe the Hawk fans could put up a go fund me page to raise money for this guy to buy his very own ball in case he decides to attend an MLB game to prevent him from mocking any more kids . I found one on sale at Wal-Mart with a display case...

upload_2019-5-27_14-37-45.png

• Funny
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hawk fans are also saying that he got the foul ball for his grandson. The way he hoists it up in the air as it is some huge personal accomplishment says otherwise.

The grandkid in New York or something? Didn’t see any kid around him.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I’ve seen a few Hawkeye fans say he is probably a Cyclone fan who cheers for Hawkeye baseball because we don’t have a team. Man their fanbase is so incredibly delusional and stupid.

This is a fan base where it's never their or Iowa's fault.
-Poster here decribes bad interaction with Iowa fans and they comment that it didn't happen or what did the ISU fan do to deserve it.
-Iowa fan robs their locker room and it's State's fault.
-Iowa state trooper who made a death threat against Dakish was an ISU fan.
-Pemsl knocks fan down by accident and Iowa fans attack the fan for the massacre in Cyclone Alley.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
This is a fan base where it's never their or Iowa's fault.
-Poster here decribes bad interaction with Iowa fans and they comment that it didn't happen or what did the ISU fan do to deserve it.
-Iowa fan robs their locker room and it's State's fault.
-Iowa state trooper who made a death threat against Dakish was an ISU fan.
-Pemsl knocks fan down by accident and Iowa fans attack the fan for the massacre in Cyclone Alley.
Players showed up to workouts out of shape (victim shaming, always a good look)

Help Support Us

Become a patron