Pollard pointing out the obvious

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well, more prestigious than the Outback Bowl of course. Damn it you know what I meant.

Lol just have to laugh every time I hear that phrase. I'm honestly surprised the amount of people not only disagreeing with Pollard but the ones disagreeing with unbiased college football experts too

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He has won a BCS level bowl game. Shared two Big 10 championships. Has beaten more than double the amount of top 5 teams as Campbell has. He isn't a top five paid coach. He has had more than four above average seasons.
If you want to give a history lesson on Kirk's accomplishments that's fine but you can't compare apples to apples like the bold type items because Kirk has been a head coach for 23 years and Campbell has been a head coach for 8 years.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok that’s fine. Let’s switch to wrestling then, How is Dresser better than Brands ?

Brands finish at NCAA

Dresser finish at NCAA

Are you ignoring that Gable was assisting the Brands boys when they got those 1s up there? Have they won a championship after gable helped them? No they haven’t.

Reactions: aauummm

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
Name these top 5 wins. I was being kind about the turd sandwich schedule Iowa plays evry year. I know ISU beat Iowa at Iowa in one of its banner seasons. Your pride and joy orange bowl was against a 7-5 georgia tech team that shouldnt have even been there. Lowest watched bcs game in history. it was also 10 years ago. It was bound to happen in every contract negotiation Every Agent says well Dabo has multiple NT's and amazing teams he should make more than Kirk at Iowa. I am sure most agents start that way. List the wins.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you want to give a history lesson on Kirk's accomplishments that's fine but you can't compare apples to apples like the bold type items because Kirk has been a head coach for 23 years and Campbell has been a head coach for 8 years.

A big way CMC will get credit is longevity like being at ISU for a very long time and being at least decent most years. Beating Iowa would be good for him but his aspirations are much bigger; give me beating top ten teams and winning tough road games any season.

The last two seasons have obviously shown some promise. He's the only D1-A/FBS coach at an Iowa university to beat two top 5 teams in one season.

Basketball...ISU's going to need to get back to making many NCAA tourneys consecutively to keep a strong edge because we know Fran isn't going to sustain anything season to season.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Ya gotta start somewhere and it was funny how Hok fans were lit up after the billboard went up but I'd be more impressed if he ignored TOE completely.

This ^ is easily the best post in this thread so far. Hands down.

Yes, it's funny how JP gets under the Hawkeye fans' skin. It's totally intentional, and they fall for it every time. Hawkeye fans all over the state have been talking about ISU all week because of this. It works every time, and it's hilarious.

And it's true that no ISU fan would trade any of our coaches with theirs right now, as they shouldn't, but it would be nice if we could win their Super Bowl game a little more often.

And as the above post also states..... JP would be even more impressive if he just started ignoring the TOE altogether. He tries to act like he doesn't care about them, but he's obviously obsessed with them. I'd much rather see him just ignore them. We don't need to talk about them any longer. We have MUCH bigger fish to fry nowadays.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Twins is stuck on autopilot right now.

tumblr_mqwthcXJYr1rqyxf8o1_400.gif

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Oh little bro. That Kujawa fan used to post on here as Crash Davis until he got banned because he was adamant the Big 12 was going to collapse. Lol perfect example of an Iowa fan and their obsession about the storm brewing over here

The guy is an ass, he complains about ISU every chance he gets and blames the cyclones for everything. This is a guy that last year that was basically praying that Campbell would leave ISU, because he is too good of a coach for the cyclones, and we do not deserve to have a good coach. He comes up with a story about how Notre Dame wanted to schedule Iowa but ISU would not let them out of the contract to do it. How about Iowa just miss a team out of the MAC those years.

Look, I have no clue who will win the game this year, I know two things, I will be setting in the stands to watch it, and we are not playing Clemson or Alabama, like Iowa fans like to think they are. Great you had 2 1st round draft picks from the TE position, how is it with all that talent, you finished tied for 2nd, lost to the all three teams ahead of you in the standing, and still think you are some sort of national power in football.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Because he turned a dumpster fire into a decent program. Kudos
That's actually pretty impressive considering the state it was in and the kids that left because they didn't want to work hard enough. You really need to give him more than a year....

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
That's actually pretty impressive considering the state it was in and the kids that left because they didn't want to work hard enough. You really need to give him more than a year....
It’s impressive and I think he’s a really good coach. I wrestled with Danny Knight waayyy back in the day and he went to ISU so I don’t mind seeing ISU do well...

Help Support Us

Become a patron