Pollard pointing out the obvious

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
lol Name a game that Ferentz has won. like a really good win. I remember the throttling of ohio state 2 years ago and a win against a couple good penn state team. Campbell already has as many top 5 wins as coach in Ames as Ferentz has in 30 years. Iowa's conference is trash continues to play nobody. Called up 1-800-cupcake again. Ferentz has 4 seasons above average for a top 5 paid coach. Give me a break.

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
I have had this conversation with my Hawkeye and Nebraska fan ranking all Head Coaches right now assuming they stay for 5 more years.
Campbell/ferentz/frost
Fred/ Steve/ Fran

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
lol Name a game that Ferentz has won. like a really good win. I remember the throttling of ohio state 2 years ago and a win against a couple good penn state team. Campbell already has as many top 5 wins as coach in Ames as Ferentz has in 30 years. Iowa's conference is trash continues to play nobody. Called up 1-800-cupcake again. Ferentz has 4 seasons above average for a top 5 paid coach. Give me a break.
2010 Orange Bowl.

He cranks out Trophy winning players. No one should doubt his ability to develop players.
Brad Banks, Dallas Clark, TJ Hockenson, Desmond King, Shonn Greene, Robert Gallery, Brandon Scherff... Plus many other good pros.

He was the AP Coach of the Year in 2002. Can't give credit to Dresser for being CotY without giving it to Ferentz too.

• Agree
Reactions: KKramer and aobie

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I will say that threads like these are a welcome sight compared to the other off-season political garbage arguments that pop up multiple times a day on this site until August. I’d ignore political threads, but it is nice to occasionally see threads that are informative about actual news before the partisan politics get involved.

As for JP’s comments, I love them. Whether it is factually true or not, I really don’t care and there are plenty of arguments to both prove or disprove it. Bottom line is JP knows how to capture attention from the media, both social media and press media. Plus, watching the Hawks revert back to their old little brother name calling, which as far as enrollment is concerned is untrue, is hilarious and we are buying up all of the remaining vacancy in their heads, which there seems to be a plethora of. This is a cardinal and a gold state!

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

He has won a BCS level bowl game. Shared two Big 10 championships. Has beaten more than double the amount of top 5 teams as Campbell has. He isn't a top five paid coach. He has had more than four above average seasons.

Mr. clone34, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Must be nice to play in the Big Ten West
It would be nice but until CMC got here ISU couldn't beat Purdue and Northwestern consistently either so we all have to tread lightly Id say. I wait to say this until Iowa wins 8 again when they should win 10 and their fans are disappointed

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Schedule strength according to Sagarin last year was 75.53 vs. 73.94. Pretty dang close. Plus, they beat us on the road, so if we could have beaten that crappy team at home, which has nothing to do with the Big 10 west, we would have had 9 wins. But we didn't.
Who was it that ISU beat that also beat Northwestern though?

Reactions: aauummm

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think we probably have the better baseball coach as well if we scrounged around Ross Hall a little bit.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Schedule strength according to Sagarin last year was 75.53 vs. 73.94. Pretty dang close. Plus, they beat us on the road, so if we could have beaten that crappy team at home, which has nothing to do with the Big 10 west, we would have had 9 wins. But we didn't.

We had a harder schedule and they beat a handicapped team at home for their Super Bowl. Cool I guess

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
-None of us would trade our coaches for theirs
-Campbell still has a lot to prove, especially when compared to Ferentz
-Campbell is showing flashes that he's a top 15 college coach today and could go to most any school in the country, Kirk not-so-much
-Our basketball program is better, but the gap isn't as wide as we'd like it to be, mainly due to the last two seasons
-ISU wrestling is improving, but still has a long way to go to get on Iowa's level

ISU is certainly the trendy, more fun option in the state. We have a lot going for us, but we need our athletics programs to continue to gain more traction. Need to win things that matter (not saying we haven't, but need to grow upward).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron