Brockmire on IFC

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This has been my second favorite show this spring behind Silicone Valley. Just a great show that doesn't care if they offend anyone.

I hope Amanda Peet will be back. She was great and the kid was kinda boring.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
The kid amused me just because he's on several kids shows my boys watch.

It's lost a little steam for me the last couple Of weeks but I'll keep watching. Haven't caught the final yet.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I absoletly hate Amanda Peet, but I have to admit, she is great on this show.

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny
Brockmire season 2 starts April 25. Hope it's as entertaining as season one, although the trailer on IFC's website makes the supposed competition with the younger announcer seems contrived.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Season 2 has been a bit of a letdown I think. It has had some funny moments but the overall flow to the story line this season has not really progressed like it did in season one. I believe they are already renewed for 2 more seasons though. Hoping that the season finale makes up for some of the random story lines this season and sets the table for a reunion with Jules as Amanda Peat makes this a better show when her and Azaria's characters are both involved.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Season 2 has been a bit of a letdown I think. It has had some funny moments but the overall flow to the story line this season has not really progressed like it did in season one. I believe they are already renewed for 2 more seasons though. Hoping that the season finale makes up for some of the random story lines this season and sets the table for a reunion with Jules as Amanda Peat makes this a better show when her and Azaria's characters are both involved.

Season 1 was a lot better than Season 2

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

The quality of the show seems to have a direct correlation to the amount of shots of Amanda Peet in little clothing. But they've struggled to make the Brockmire character as interesting in season 2. Seems to have gone from a sympathetic drunk to flat out mean to those around him.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The quality of the show seems to have a direct correlation to the amount of shots of Amanda Peet in little clothing. But they've struggled to make the Brockmire character as interesting in season 2. Seems to have gone from a sympathetic drunk to flat out mean to those around him.

Season 1 was more about letting Brockmire be Brockmire and everyone around him is there for ride its takes them. Season 2 seems to be more about people trying to turn Brockmire into something he is not. The best episodes were the ones him and Uribe went on some benders, the one he and Jules went out on the town, and the one where he blew his chance at the Atlanta job by calling out the retiring announcer on air and he wasn't even drunk in that scene. Other than that its been everyone trying to change him or turn him into something else for their own benefit. I miss those episodes where hed be calling a game hammered and was uncensored like the "drink a beer" game. Guessing in season 3 he wins up back in Morristown and Jules is a more prominent character again. If she is t ghos show is going to get more dull in a hurry.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Digging up an old thread here. Anyone else keep up with this series? Season 2 was not that great and season 3 was better but still not nearly as good as season 1. Season 3 had some pretty entertaining moments but there were a few "meh" episodes too Last night's finale was pretty good.

One thing that I think has made the show less entertaining is the disappearance of the Jules and Charles characters. Both made brief appearances this season but some of the best moments in season 1 were their storylines with Brockmire. Supposedly there will be a season 4 so curious to see what is next for Brockmire after how things ended last night.

Reactions: jay moe

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This show looks pretty good in commercials, but I just have never gotten around to watching it.

• Informative
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Season 3 was a vast improvement. I enjoyed pretty much all of it after a meandering Season 2.

Agreed on Jules and Charles. The interactions between those three were great and totally missing this year. Hopefully Season 4 ties it all together and ends it on a high note.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I haven't seen the last episode but I've enjoyed season 3 a lot. I agree that Jules and Charles are great characters but I think some of the news characters they brought in this season have lived up to them.

• Agree

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Would love posting some of my favorite scenes from season 1 but they aren't exactly safe for work. Just search for "The Meltdown" "Fatty Bumbalatty" and "Drinkin a Beer!" as those are some of the funnier moments that will get you hooked on the show. The scene where Jim and Jules were in bed and Jim was giving a play by play of what was going on was pretty funny too.

• Agree

Help Support Us

Become a patron