NIANG/CW PODCAST: Episode 2

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
First, Georges will ALWAYS be one of us. Yet, if he wants to up his state of Iowa creditials as an adopted son, here are a few things he might consider:
  1. Have a Dutch letter in Pella, even better if you do it during the Tulip Festival.
  2. Go to a fruit/vegetable festival in a town (i.e. the strawberry festival in Farmington, IA or the sweetcorn festival in Waukon or any of a number of other towns..)
  3. Eat anything fried and on a stick at the Iowa State Fair and check out the Big Pig. Use your celebrity status to show a steer if the Governor's show.
  4. Drive a tractor or go to a tractor pull
  5. Ride the scenic railroad in Boone during the fall leaf change.
  6. Float down a river in an inner tube.
  7. Detassel corn
  8. Throw a bale of hay
  9. Visit the West Bend Grotto of the Redemption
  10. Go to the Clay County fair and after the 4-H/FFA shows, but a pig from one of the youngsters.
  11. Kiss a girl in a haymow of a barn.
  12. Take a balloon ride in Indianola
  13. Drive across the border to Missouri to buy fireworks for the 4th of July and use them in Iowa
  14. Drive a pick-up down a rural road and wave with one finger (not the middle one!)
  15. Play bingo at a church festival
  16. Ride in a small town parade on a float built on a hayrack
  17. Ride a motorcycle in Humboldt
  18. Attend Midwest Old Threshers in Mt. Pleasant
  19. Go to a concert at the Surf ballroom in Clear Lake and relive the day the music died.
  20. Go to the hobo museum in britt.
  21. visit the Bridges of Madison County.
  22. Take a picture in front of the American Gothic House in Eldon (you have to wear bib overalls)
  23. Play catch on the Field of Dreams
  24. Buy a farm toy in Dyersville
  25. Go to Presidential campaign event before the caucuses
  26. Attend a World Food Prize Laureate event
  27. ...others will fill in the rest of the list

Last edited:
Reactions: oldman and STLISU

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Will Georges attend the ISU/Iowa football game this year and sign copies of one of these posters?

images
upload_2019-5-22_17-56-20.jpeg
417664e53f16abbe0c63fb85e25251ae_crop_exact.png
09345e21ce62ac78b821b99bd3412fed_crop_exact.png

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm pretty sure Georges is already a honorary Iowan. Half the state loves him the other half hates him. Luckily the half that loves him is growing and becoming more popular every yr while the other is slowly getting pushed back into the SE corner of the state.

Reactions: STLISU

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I like when Georges makes fun of you but sometimes he follows it up with a nah just kidding. So my feed back is more roasting less apologizing for it.

• Informative
Reactions: fattgregg

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
First, Georges will ALWAYS be one of us. Yet, if he wants to up his state of Iowa creditials as an adopted son, here are a few things he might consider:
  1. Have a Dutch letter in Pella, even better if you do it during the Tulip Festival.
  2. Go to a fruit/vegetable festival in a town (i.e. the strawberry festival in Farmington, IA or the sweetcorn festival in Waukon or any of a number of other towns..)
  3. Eat anything fried and on a stick at the Iowa State Fair and check out the Big Pig. Use your celebrity status to show a steer if the Governor's show.
  4. Drive a tractor or go to a tractor pull
  5. Ride the scenic railroad in Boone during the fall leaf change.
  6. Float down a river in an inner tube.
  7. Detassel corn
  8. Throw a bale of hay
  9. Visit the West Bend Grotto of the Redemption
  10. Go to the Clay County fair and after the 4-H/FFA shows, but a pig from one of the youngsters.
  11. Kiss a girl in a haymow of a barn.
  12. Take a balloon ride in Indianola
  13. Drive across the border to Missouri to buy fireworks for the 4th of July and use them in Iowa
  14. Drive a pick-up down a rural road and wave with one finger (not the middle one!)
  15. Play bingo at a church festival
  16. Ride in a small town parade on a float built on a hayrack
  17. Ride a motorcycle in Humboldt
  18. Attend Midwest Old Threshers in Mt. Pleasant
  19. Go to a concert at the Surf ballroom in Clear Lake and relive the day the music died.
  20. Go to the hobo museum in britt.
  21. visit the Bridges of Madison County.
  22. Take a picture in front of the American Gothic House in Eldon (you have to wear bib overalls)
  23. Play catch on the Field of Dreams
  24. Buy a farm toy in Dyersville
  25. Go to Presidential campaign event before the caucuses
  26. Attend a World Food Prize Laureate event
  27. ...others will fill in the rest of the blanks

Shoot, I've only done 6 or 7 of those. :confused:

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Shoot, I've only done 6 or 7 of those. :confused:

I haven't done them all either, but have done quite a few of them. Then again when asked how I developed the skill to jump on a pogo stick without using my hands as I keep them free to play the harmonica, I respond, "It was lonely on the farm!"

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Joel1