Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'll be shocked if Toussaint isn't starting from day 1. He's not flashy, but he's already a better point option than anyone on Iowa's current roster.

I know Fran's insane, but he's not stupid enough to make him ride the bench.

This guy looks good in cardinal and gold. Hope he gets confused next year and throws a few passes right to us.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's possible, but I don't think so. I just played softball with the guy. He's the guy that calls you off on a ground ball in the outfield that's way closer to you so that he can throw it as hard as he can to home plate and let every runner advance another base.

I know several people that operate like this and they're all Hok fans. Basically that mentality of trying to impress people like high school or all things 1980s.

Reactions: CY88CE11

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
That's always a good sign in year whatever of Fran that a recruit nobody wanted is guaranteed 15 mpg out of the gate

He'll come in with a chip on his shoulder because he had no major offers. Perfect Fran material. The haks didn't really need a scoring threat; they needed an actual ball handler who doesn't turn it over every other possession. I think he'll help the haks be at least a somewhat competent team next season. Without him I agree they'd be an absolute dumpster fire. We'll see how long it takes Fran to bully Toussaint into transferring away.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I really don't understand why all of these media members continue to push the narrative that half of these guys are Big Ten quality players?

Lol remember when they made the NIT in Jorbo's freshman season? They were set up for big things! Jorbo even predicted a Final Four. Now we get to extend that timeline even further! And all they have to show is one NCAA tournament win.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Lol remember when they made the NIT in Jorbo's freshman season? They were set up for big things! Jorbo even predicted a Final Four. Now we get to extend that timeline even further! And all they have to show is one NCAA tournament win.

Some Iowa fans predicted multiple final fours.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He'll come in with a chip on his shoulder because he had no major offers. Perfect Fran material. The haks didn't really need a scoring threat; they needed an actual ball handler who doesn't turn it over every other possession. I think he'll help the haks be at least a somewhat competent team next season. Without him I agree they'd be an absolute dumpster fire. We'll see how long it takes Fran to bully Toussaint into transferring away.

This is true. Their inability to find or develop a PG as a program has been mystifying.

Put Nick (from last year) or Haliburton (this upcoming season) on that team and, well, they would still probably suck on defense, but they would score at a ridiculous clip.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Had cold feet instantly.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
From Hawkcentral.com:

Who will replace Moss’ shooting-guard role next season?

Although Cook’s departure was expected, Iowa has available power-forward bodies in Cordell Pemsl, Ryan Kriener and Jack Nunge to replace him.

The loss of an athletic, 6-foot-5 wing player, however, leaves a bigger mark.

Moss was a 96-game starter at shooting guard and made 39% of his career 3-pointers.

As a solution, McCaffery echoed a name I’ve heard a lot of buzz about: CJ Fredrick. The 6-foot-3 native of Covington, Kentucky, was impressing coaches behind the scenes while redshirting as a freshman. Even if Moss had stayed, Fredrick likely would’ve cut into those minutes.

McCaffery (on Fredrick):
“He’s complete. He can play the point, he can play the 2, he can come off screens, he can shoot 3s. He’s quick, and he’s a really good athlete. He can guard. He can get to the rim and finish. He can score in a bundle. He gives it up easy. Those guys are hard to find, guys that can really score."

Is this the guy who John Calipari would have offered if he had an open scholarship? The best player in Kentucky?

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From Hawkcentral.com:

Who will replace Moss’ shooting-guard role next season?

Although Cook’s departure was expected, Iowa has available power-forward bodies in Cordell Pemsl, Ryan Kriener and Jack Nunge to replace him.

The loss of an athletic, 6-foot-5 wing player, however, leaves a bigger mark.

Moss was a 96-game starter at shooting guard and made 39% of his career 3-pointers.

As a solution, McCaffery echoed a name I’ve heard a lot of buzz about: CJ Fredrick. The 6-foot-3 native of Covington, Kentucky, was impressing coaches behind the scenes while redshirting as a freshman. Even if Moss had stayed, Fredrick likely would’ve cut into those minutes.

McCaffery (on Fredrick):
“He’s complete. He can play the point, he can play the 2, he can come off screens, he can shoot 3s. He’s quick, and he’s a really good athlete. He can guard. He can get to the rim and finish. He can score in a bundle. He gives it up easy. Those guys are hard to find, guys that can really score."

Is this the guy who John Calipari would have offered if he had an open scholarship? The best player in Kentucky?

Gives it up easy? As in defense? He would fit right in.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don't doubt Fredrick tears it up in practice playing against that ****** ass defense.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't doubt Fredrick tears it up in practice playing against that ****** ass defense.
81iaGxxnXtL._SY445_.jpg

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Pharmacy99, post: 6672003, member: 16608"]......McCaffery (on Fredrick): “He’s complete. He can play the point, he can play the 2, he can come off screens, he can shoot 3s. He’s quick, and he’s a really good athlete. He can guard. He can get to the rim and finish. He can score in a bundle. He gives it up easy. Those guys
are hard to find, guys that can really score...
[/QUOTE]

MadFran left out that Freddy's an ace FT shooter too, probably because he's saving those props for Junior since it's about the only thing he does well.