Chris Soules Arrested

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
A thread called “If you like betting on sports...”

This was my favorite line by Charter:

upstateclone said:
Do you think you're in the mafia and you're a made guy, or something?
I don't really need to be in the mafia for this one.
It goes more like this . . .
Me: "Hey Chris, will you please ban him?"
Chris: "You got it buddy!"

It is nice having friends in power
And the negative review that he got his panties in a bunch about is still on Google. That was a good read, thanks.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Meanwhile, the family of the guy who ended up dead is wondering where the justice is. We were watching the news last night, Soules looks pretty arrogant. Of course that could just be my opinion, too.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Meanwhile, the family of the guy who ended up dead is wondering where the justice is. We were watching the news last night, Soules looks pretty arrogant. Of course that could just be my opinion, too.
He hired probably the best defense attorney in the state.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I saw something where his mom and dad paid $2,500,000 in the civil suit. I've heard their rich, but that's a big number for anyone to swallow.

I’m pretty sure their insurance did.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I’m pretty sure their insurance did.

Without knowing my insurance, let alone theirs, I think alot of automotive policies are capped significantly lower than $2.5 million. I think it might be $100k per person and $300k per accident?

Sometimes folks have another $1,000,000 umbrella on their home owners policies, so maybe that would cover it?

Paging an insurance expert, because i'm curious.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Without knowing my insurance, let alone theirs, I think alot of automotive policies are capped significantly lower than $2.5 million. I think it might be $100k per person and $300k per accident?

Sometimes folks have another $1,000,000 umbrella on their home owners policies, so maybe that would cover it?

Paging an insurance expert, because i'm curious.
Not an expert, but it would likely be an umbrella policy. The more assets you have, the higher policy you should have. If they are loaded, it wouldn't surprise me if their umbrella was $5 million or more

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Not an expert, but it would likely be an umbrella policy. The more assets you have, the higher policy you should have. If they are loaded, it wouldn't surprise me if their umbrella was $5 million or more

You think they would have one on an auto policy?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
https://www.kcci.com/article/prosec...-suspended-sentence-for-chris-soules/28801071

Bet he doesn't regret spending a single penny he's paid Alfredo Parrish to represent him in this. This whole story has been so bizarre. We still don't know exactly what happened with this accident either other than he hit and killed a man on his tractor then left the scene and hid at his house until he absolutely had to cooperate with the authorities. Something still just doesn't quite add up with this...

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
https://www.kcci.com/article/prosec...-suspended-sentence-for-chris-soules/28801071

Bet he doesn't regret spending a single penny he's paid Alfredo Parrish to represent him in this. This whole story has been so bizarre. We still don't know exactly what happened with this accident either other than he hit and killed a man on his tractor then left the scene and hid at his house until he absolutely had to cooperate with the authorities. Something still just doesn't quite add up with this...
Agree...but for many prosecutors, it's not what you believe to be true, it's what you can PROVE to be true.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Agree...but for many prosecutors, it's not what you believe to be true, it's what you can PROVE to be true.

Yeah, if you watch The First 48 at all, they always talk about how it's easy to figure out who did it, the tough part is proving it.

This guy essentially got away with vehicular manslaughter with not even a slap on the wrist.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah, if you watch The First 48 at all, they always talk about how it's easy to figure out who did it, the tough part is proving it.

This guy essentially got away with vehicular manslaughter with not even a slap on the wrist.
Probably avoided a DUI as well.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

I know plenty of people that know him and your opinion is likely being very kind. The dude is a prick

• Informative
Reactions: arobb