CMC not done finalizing 2019 Class

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You missed the JC offensive guard that also visited. Huge, and looks quick in his feet.

Last I heard, we were at 84 schollies following the three walkons were scholarshipped.

Edit: Stupid iPhone autocorrect.

Last edited:

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
Looks like CMC and Staff are looking to add one more bullet to the gun with 6'3 200 Pound Kansas JUCO Product Darren Wilson. He looks like an absolute burner and a guy that can really stretch the field and add even more depth to a young WR Room. Would be a RS Soph.

https://247sports.com/player/darren-wilson-46083961/

We saw him on a plane on Sunday. He was looking at his pictures in an ISU uniform on his phone, so my wife started talking to him about it. He mentioned WVU and Nebraska as the other schools that he was considering. Seemed like a great young man who would fit in well with the culture that CMC is building in Ames.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
You missed the JC offensive guard that also visited. Huge, and looks quick in his feet.

Last I heard, we were at 84 schillings following the three walkons were scholarshipped.
I just seen him this morning. He is a large human.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Looks like CMC and Staff are looking to add one more bullet to the gun with 6'3 200 Pound Kansas JUCO Product Darren Wilson. He looks like an absolute burner and a guy that can really stretch the field and add even more depth to a young WR Room. Would be a RS Soph.

The twitter feed on his 247 page says that he would have four years of eligibility left. Doesn't seem likely, but would that even be a possibility?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I assume academics aren't an issue if he was only at Butler for one year. Kid seems like a really good get.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
The twitter feed on his 247 page says that he would have four years of eligibility left. Doesn't seem likely, but would that even be a possibility?

No, he definitely played a year in JUCO. RS So means he played one, redshirted one in JUCO, so he'll have 3 years to play 3 left when he gets to campus.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
At this point on the calendar, I expected a commitment to accompany news of the offer. It will be interesting to see who else makes an offer now.

Some posts on CyReport that spell out the situation... I won't hint as it's behind the pay-wall and I'm a paying customer (here as well) but there is clarity.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Some posts on CyReport that spell out the situation... I won't hint as it's behind the pay-wall and I'm a paying customer (here as well) but there is clarity.
My guess is if his grades are good enough to get in he will Commit and Sign. I'm not a paying customer btw. Just trying to read between the lines.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

https://247sports.com/player/darren-wilson-46083961/

Not to derail the thread with uniform talk but is that a new helmet he's wearing? Looks like it's got a marbling-type pattern in it. Pretty cool.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Looks like the chrome red just catching reflections

I agree it does look like that and part of it is catching reflections but look at the facemask and chinstrap...wouldn't think those would catch reflections but I could be wrong.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just curious, CMC has already handed out the earned scholarships to past walk-ons. Are we still under 85? I know, I know, I know he'll make room if need be. My question is would he need to.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Just curious, CMC has already handed out the earned scholarships to past walk-ons. Are we still under 85? I know, I know, I know he'll make room if need be. My question is would he need to.

Second post mentions 84, but am not sure. Wouldn't surprise me to see more attrition.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
If they can get both players on board, I'm guessing someone is leaving...either because of grades or playing time. Seems pretty common with the semester now done. There's not a lot of dead weight on the roster, but I can think of a few guys that might want to look for new homes. Or maybe there's an incoming FR with grade issues.