Iowa Football Recruiting

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
In person the rivalry is pretty fun. My favorite Uncle is a huge ISU fan and we have a lot of good natured **** talking sessions.

Message boards aren’t as much fun :)

I wouldn't put getting ice thrown at me all game long in Kinnick by a 50 year old toddler "pretty fun." However, offering the gentleman a high 5 after Knott sealed the deal was fun though.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I’d say overall it’s pretty good natured but there is always a percentage of douchebags in every crowd.

I've missed 2 CyHawk games in Kinnick dating back to the late 90's and this has been my experience every year... I'm sitting with my Iowa friends in their season tickets so it's not like i'm being a **** and calling for attention.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I wouldn't put getting ice thrown at me all game long in Kinnick by a 50 year old toddler "pretty fun." However, offering the gentleman a high 5 after Knott sealed the deal was fun though.
Every fan base has it's fair share of idiots. My Iowa flag and rug were stolen from outside of my camper in Ames in 2015. (Insert Iowa theft joke here)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’d say overall it’s pretty good natured but there is always a percentage of douchebags in every crowd.
I've been to the past 3 games in Kinnick and have rarely had a problem. I went to the Chiefs vs. Patriots AFC title game in Arrowhead and was wearing a Tom Brady jersey and received so much hate it was disgusting. Beer thrown at me, shoulder checked walking through the crowds, etc. I'm sure the availability of alcohol at the stadium enhances all those things though.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Every fan base has it's fair share of idiots. My Iowa flag and rug were stolen from outside of my camper in Ames in 2015. (Insert Iowa theft joke here)

People suck! The last time the Bug Eaters played in Ames one of Lincoln's finest decided to use the hood of my car as an end table while he was waiting in line for the porta potty. I asked him to get his **** off my car and he just laughed at me. I don't think he was planning on wearing a beer that day but well...

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
No, but that's Iowa State fan's go-to these days.

NeglectedSlushyAiredale-size_restricted.gif

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
People suck! The last time the Bug Eaters played in Ames one of Lincoln's finest decided to use the hood of my car as an end table while he was waiting in line for the porta potty. I asked him to get his **** off my car and he just laughed at me. I don't think he was planning on wearing a beer that day but well...
I would have hit him with the "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life." line.

• Funny
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy