Rasir Bolton Visiting

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What kinds of rankings were there on players when ISU's been decent over the past decade? Really just curious.

I don't really follow it or care all that much, as we saw last year it can take someone like Hali embracing their role and fitting what's needed to have a positive effect all over the place.
Rivals Top 100 players since Hoiberg's second season:

Royce White #19
Chris Allen #33
Booker #43
Korie Lucious #98
Niang #69
Thomas #54
Morris #96
Custer #92
Dejean-Jones #97
Burton #52
Wigginton # 24
Horton-Tucker #33
Griffin #85
Also, McKay was a 4 star Juco.

Players ranked from 100-150
Dorsey-Walker #125
J. Long #131
Lard #143
Lewis #116
Grill #145

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm not worried, but isn't Jacolby Long on that list?

There are better arguments.

How about Halliburton? He wasn't a top 100 but he did show up on draft lists so maybe he PLAYS like a top 100 guy - which is really kinda whatcha want, isn't it?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Historically, top 100 kids are pretty much agreed upon. They also happen to comprise most of our all time greats.

If we bump it up to 150, we only have Griffin and Lewis in that field. One of whom has shown IMO no ability to be a major contributor and the other Prohm has talked about maybe being able to contribute as a small ball 4 next year.

REmember when most of us thought it was pretty cool that CSP had a plan for spring recruiting that is currently playing out at a high level and most of us thought the rest of us would step off the ledge when CSP proved - yet again - he KINDA knows what he's doing?

Good times. Good times.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not anti Prohm, I actually consider myself a fan of the guy, a Believer if you will. I just get roasted on here for pointing out his spring recruiting has been relatively poor. I know that you can't compare what he's doing in the spring to what Fred did in his spring recruiting seasons, because the landscape has changed so much with blue bloods jumping in bed with transfers all of a sudden.

That said, just because the game has changed does not excuse poor spring time results. Which is what this spring class will be if he doesn't get Bolton or somebody on the same spectrum of talent/skill. He is a great summer/fall recruiter though. Better than Fred.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm not anti Prohm, I actually consider myself a fan of the guy, a Believer if you will. I just get roasted on here for pointing out his spring recruiting has been relatively poor. I know that you can't compare what he's doing in the spring to what Fred did in his spring recruiting seasons, because the landscape has changed so much with blue bloods jumping in bed with transfers all of a sudden.

That said, just because the game has changed does not excuse poor spring time results. Which is what this spring class will be if he doesn't get Bolton or somebody on the same spectrum of talent/skill. He is a great summer/fall recruiter though. Better than Fred.

I think Grill and Johnson is actually a pretty nice haul so far.

You are right that the "scoring punch on the wing" would really tie it together, though.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Who is Bolton visiting and who has interest in him? I have not seen his list yet.

Also, I think spring recruiting has been decent. Grill was a good get. Think he will be a good 4 year player. Johnson is an ok get to fill up a scholarship. Hope he does not take up a shollarship that we could have used on a different 2020 recruit

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

It is two different types of recruiting. Spring is hard close and fast. I have never really picked that vibe up from him. His success at the long recruiting cycle THT and Wigs are the reason he has to shore up the squad because he got a 1 and done and 2 and probably shouldn't be done. He builds relationships the slick hard close isn't what he does.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
No. Brackins Fizer etc.

Jerome Harper?

It is two different types of recruiting. Spring is hard close and fast. I have never really picked that vibe up from him. His success at the long recruiting cycle THT and Wigs are the reason he has to shore up the squad because he got a 1 and done and 2 and probably shouldn't be done. He builds relationships the slick hard close isn't what he does.

He needs to figure out that vibe because that is party of recruiting now. I hope what will happen is we will become more viable to players we recruited and they passed us over but now want to transfer. Getting some years under his belt here is a good way to achieve that.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Jerome Harper?

He needs to figure out that vibe because that is party of recruiting now. I hope what will happen is we will become more viable to players we recruited and they passed us over but now want to transfer. Getting some years under his belt here is a good way to achieve that.
Don't disagree. I thought the same but it hasn't happened yet in terms of misses coming back when they tx.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Has there been any word lately from him? Or any other recruits for that matter? I feel like we're either all in on him, or we bank the scholarship at this point.

Or we wait and hope Wigginton backs out of the draft, but I know that's just a pipe dream.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Has there been any word lately from him? Or any other recruits for that matter? I feel like we're either all in on him, or we bank the scholarship at this point.

Or we wait and hope Wigginton backs out of the draft, but I know that's just a pipe dream.

A whole lot can happen between now and the draft (and shortly thereafter), so I wouldn't just say bank it if Bolton doesn't commit.

• Agree
Reactions: spitfyr36

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
I would still try to take Bolton, although his waiver wouldn’t be nearly as important if LW came back.

Hopefully his academics are in order so he’s capable of coming back should he want to.
If you can get both you take both, want to get as much talent in here as possible. Unfortunately this could come at the expense of someone that already has a scholarship or was promised one, but this is the nature of the beast in major college basketball. Richard Amardi comes to mind.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron