2018/19 UEFA Champions League

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Would have loved to see Ajax play for the title, but Liverpool-Tottenham is good consolation prize.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I was hoping Liverpool Ajax because of they way we both play. It could be a cagey affair now that spuds are in it. CL finals as a rule aren't very good games of football generally unless we are talking 2005 in Istanbul the greatest final ever;)

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
CL finals as a rule aren't very good games of football

With that pair of semi-final games, one can hope your general rule regarding the final won't hold true!

I had a celebratory dinner at Two Dogs Pub last night, wearing my Spurs gear, and none of the Gunner-loving staff congratulated me! If I remember correctly, you've mentioned TDP in past posts...

I don't know how to make a poll, but I'd love to see Spurs supporters, 'Pool Supporters, other fans rooting for Spurs and other fans rooting for the Reds;

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

IaState2021

Apr 19, 2019
So from my understanding, Spurs won because they scored more away goals, just wondering why they didn't go to extra time/Pk's instead? I like that system a lot better

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
With that pair of semi-final games, one can hope your general rule regarding the final won't hold true!

I had a celebratory dinner at Two Dogs Pub last night, wearing my Spurs gear, and none of the Gunner-loving staff congratulated me! If I remember correctly, you've mentioned TDP in past posts...

I don't know how to make a poll, but I'd love to see Spurs supporters, 'Pool Supporters, other fans rooting for Spurs and other fans rooting for the Reds;

There are Arse supporters that watch there and they are all nice fellas. None of the staff have a team as far as I know. I watch all the games at 2 dogs pub when I am in town on the weekends my daughter is not playing. It is my understanding the spurs fans in Iowa city do not want to mix with other supporters or any other club so they go to donnollys sp?

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
So from my understanding, Spurs won because they scored more away goals, just wondering why they didn't go to extra time/Pk's instead? I like that system a lot better

Right now, the first tie breaker if the aggregate score is tied is away goals. Since Spurs scored 3 in Amsterdam they advance off the 3-3 result over 2 legs. Extra time would have happened if the teams had finished tied in away goals.

• Informative
Reactions: IaState2021

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I watch all the games at 2 dogs pub when I am in town on the weekends my daughter is not playing. It is my understanding the spurs fans in Iowa city do not want to mix with other supporters or any other club so they go to Donnelly's

I met the owner at TDP years ago and if I remember correctly, he is an Arsenal fan; nice guy - he gave me crap when Adebayor got red-carded ten minutes into a game (so it was a long time ago)...

I'm in communication with the Spurs group in IC and join them once-in-awhile at Two Dogs; they're younger than I am and you are correct, they do appear to favor Donnelly's; I honestly don't know them well enough to know if they're disinterested in mixing with other team's fans; they desire to form an "officially recognized club" and periodically travel to fraternize with Spurs fans in central Iowa - I'm not that serious!!!

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I met the owner at TDP years ago and if I remember correctly, he is an Arsenal fan; nice guy - he gave me crap when Adebayor got red-carded ten minutes into a game (so it was a long time ago)...

I'm in communication with the Spurs group in IC and join them once-in-awhile at Two Dogs; they're younger than I am and you are correct, they do appear to favor Donnelly's; I honestly don't know them well enough to know if they're disinterested in mixing with other team's fans; they desire to form an "officially recognized club" and periodically travel to fraternize with Spurs fans in central Iowa - I'm not that serious!!!

The organizer of our group United asked them to come they said they don't watch with other fans supporters. Alan the owner is Sunderland. We have a Derby, Leicester, 3 -4 Arsenal 4 United and a couple Chelsea. Kevin seems like a nice spurs guy so is Christian but I have not met rest. I am that serious so I have us both covered;)

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Bump. Anybody other than me feeling good about Tottenham? #COYS

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: ICCYFAN

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I'd take him but we have some good assist men in Robbo and TAA and Trent is 7 years younger than Erikson. Spuds should be better next season without their players all being crocked from world cup. They were knackered and they got injured because of it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron