NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
And I saw on twitter 77% of the jumpers they took last night were classified as wide open looks (no defender within 6 ft). They are a good shooting team getting just the looks they want. To shoot that poorly and get the win, they have to feel real good going forward.

Yeah. I mean, Toronto probably won't have another fourth quarter like they did in Game 1 either were Lowry was the only guy to get so much as a single bucket. But the Bucks missed a ton of wide open threes all game. And Giannis was good but not quite his usual MVP self.

I still think this series goes at least six games but it's tough to imagine the Raptors being presented with a better set of circumstances to steal one.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26762907/source-durant-calf-not-close-returning

KD is expected to miss Game 2 tonight and possibly more. I'd love to see the Blazers steal one tonight and then get the Warriors in Portland without Durant for a couple games. Might be wishful thinking if Stotts doesn't make some drastic changes to his defensive game plan.

Is there a point where Stotts gets crazy and decides his bigs can’t stop them and goes super small ball, Lillard-McCollumn-Curry-Hood-Turner and sees if they can just out score Golden St?

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I may be wrong, but I just don’t have any faith in Portland even if Durant stays out. Was disappointing watching them try to defend GS.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I have a good Blazers fan as a friend --

He told me he would be happy to lose 4-1 even without KD involved.

They just can't defend what GS has.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Is there a point where Stotts gets crazy and decides his bigs can’t stop them and goes super small ball, Lillard-McCollumn-Curry-Hood-Turner and sees if they can just out score Golden St?

I kind of think their best scoring lineup has Kanter to grab offensive boards.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Nuggets could have used Collins getting called like this. He committed a bunch of called fouls in the series, but could’ve fouled out of 3-4 games if they called him like this.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I really hope Portland can finish this one off, I'd like to see GS at least get challenged. I hate them but when their back is to the wall, they are pretty fun to watch.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Rare locker room photo of the Blazers' Western Conference Finals performance:

s320x240

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Great game. In hindsight, Portland sticking with the hot hands in Curry and Leonard was a bad move. GS was getting offense too easy.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Great game. In hindsight, Portland sticking with the hot hands in Curry and Leonard was a bad move. GS was getting offense too easy.

What was the better option? Lil Curry played about as well as he could last night, Kanter is really struggling defensively, Collins couldn't stop fouling. They briefly did try going super small last night but they weren't able to force Golden St to blink and go small to match, they just killed them on the boards. The Blazers are a very average defensive team, there's usually not average defensive teams left this time of year. I don't think Portland really has any lineups that can stop Golden St, let alone any that also have the necessary scoring they need.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
KD has been confirmed out for Games 3 and 4 and possibly longer. After last night I don't think it matters. Maybe it makes more of a difference in the Finals against a better defensive opponent but with or without Durant the Blazers can't get stops.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
Kawhi Leonard kept getting praised for how "clutch" he was. I guess it hard to be clutch down 20. Fear the Deer!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Kawhi Leonard kept getting praised for how "clutch" he was. I guess it hard to be clutch down 20. Fear the Deer!

Yeah, Toronto’s supporting players are in disrepair. I don’t think Kawhi makes the same mistake that Paul George made last year. He should go to the Clips imo.

I am hoping that Durant goes East to compete with Giannis.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Who knew we'd be looking forward to (or at least I am) a Dubs/Bucks finals.

Help Support Us

Become a patron