Fred getting killed on TWITTER

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Hi **** brick

You frustrated, bro? SH%t brick.

MisguidedFancyGodwit-size_restricted.gif

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
His recruiting class per 247 is no. 50. Three ahead of ours and 13-16 stronger than frans.

Well when you sign 6 guys you better be in the top 50
The guy they got from Paris FR seems to be the best of the bunch.

Actually ISU and Iowa's average player rating is higher than what Fred accumulated, but he did not have a lot of time to put things together..

Last edited:

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
Looks like they just got a comitment from 6-4 Samari Curtis, Mr.Basketball for state of Ohio. Don't know their status with scholly's but seems to fit.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Looks like they just got a comitment from 6-4 Samari Curtis, Mr.Basketball for state of Ohio. Don't know their status with scholly's but seems to fit.

Pretty sure several of these commits are guys Matt had been recruiting for St John’s . NU has like 11 new players now. I think it’s pretty safe to say that Fred absolutely doesn’t return to the college game without getting Matt A. on board first... before any discussions ever occurred.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Sounds like a good kid but not a good fit for what Hoiberg wants to do:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-...cle_34ee8ff5-6c8c-5f80-b08d-6b1e93e80875.html

I saw they have two scholarships left to give, including this one, and in a different article, want to get a big B1G bruiser at center, that they need this for the B1G style of play (quoting Lutz I think on this).

Heiman, at 6-foot-11, 215 pounds, and maybe not a great 3-point shooter, is probably not what they want there.
When I posted this (facts regarding OP), they had 2 scholarships left to give (as I stated). The Monday or Tuesday or so after this story, it was reported that 2 of the players they figured or assumed would be back in this story, it turns out were let go (maybe Saturday?) like Heiman was (except apparently without the finals aspect). So at that point they had 4 scholarships to give.

This was big news at the OWH site. I wouldn’t have posted it (as this is a Cyclone site), but am now for completeness as this thread resurrected.

Also, because of the coaching change this is allowed (from what I read). And anyone who didn’t want to transfer but remain at their school, could remain on scholarship at the school, just not play/be on the team and that that scholarship does not count against the NCAA limit.

Anyway, they got some more recruits because of this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It happens, yes, but hopefully the coach and player handle it cordially so the media doesn't hear about it leading to threads like this.

So far this thread has been the place where I've seen this situation talked about the most.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Well when you sign 6 guys you better be in the top 50
The guy they got from Paris FR seems to be the best of the bunch.

Actually ISU and Iowa's average player rating is higher than what Fred accumulated, but he did not have a lot of time to put things together..
Dude I get it. I was simply prepping folks.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Brand new team in Nebby land...Fred definitely cleaned house. Safe to say that teams can now scout Nebby by watching previous ISU games.