CyHawk College Gameday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
All this talk about celebrity picks, and no one mentions Scott Siepker (Iowa Nice Guy)?? I think he's done a few comedic segments on ESPN and would be a natural, pro-ISU pick.

I think this makes a lot of sense. Cyclone grad, although the Iowa Nice Guy character probably won't take a side. He'd do a nice job at educating the nation about the state though - and he had some funny moments when he was on college football live back in the day.

Although, I think the bit would just turn into a bash Nebraska fest. Not that it's a bad thing, but I'd rather see rah-rah ISU all day instead of putting a light on Nebraska (or Iowa for that matter)

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I could see at Syracuse because of their journalism school producing a lot of ESPN's employees.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Also with the news that ISU/Iowa will be FOX of FS1 and the news of FOX putting their top game on at 11am could mean an early CyHawk this year.

If the game is on FS1 no way gameday comes, right? That could be a telling sign. If its on Fox, its plausible.

• Dislike
Reactions: STLISU

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
What channel the game is on doesn't have any impact on Gameday. Gameday goes to CBS, Fox family games throughout the year. What channel was NDSU on when they got gameday?

That being said, a potential 11am kick for CyHawk when both teams could be ranked is pretty lame.

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
What channel the game is on doesn't have any impact on Gameday. Gameday goes to CBS, Fox family games throughout the year. What channel was NDSU on when they got gameday?

That being said, a potential 11am kick for CyHawk when both teams could be ranked is pretty lame.
When there is a 7pm game on ABC the includes a place they have never been and a team that beat the top team from last year it does matter. They are going to pick their network unless there is absolutely nothing worth going to on their network that week

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

I've never seen gameday go to a game that is broadcast on FS1. If it's on FS1 its clearly not a good enough game to be on FOX.

If the game is on FS1, Gameday will not be there.

• Agree
Reactions: rhoho

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Which Clone games are on FS1 a lot
Not really anymore. ISU only had 4 games on FS1 over the last 2 years. 15% of its games.

That being said, I don’t think Gameday will be in Ames for the Cyhawk game, nor do I think that game will be on FS1. A FOX time slot is most likely IMO. (Assuming both teams are ranked)

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I've never seen gameday go to a game that is broadcast on FS1. If it's on FS1 its clearly not a good enough game to be on FOX.

If the game is on FS1, Gameday will not be there.
Iirc uncle Randy tweeted that this has indeed happened...but yeah Game Day will be CU/SU. Oh well, at least Iowa won't get the free press.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Not really anymore. ISU only had 4 games on FS1 over the last 2 years. 15% of its games.

That being said, I don’t think Gameday will be in Ames for the Cyhawk game, nor do I think that game will be on FS1. A FOX time slot is most likely IMO. (Assuming both teams are ranked)

Shocked Rhoho was wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Thank god! Did not want our 1st game day to be shared with Iowa. It will come soon enough, against a conference team. Not sure how this is bad news to some.

• Agree
Reactions: CysRage and huntt26

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
A loss by Clemson to either Texas AM or Georgia Tech in the weeks before the game would also have an impact on that site being chosen.