Cyclones set on adding immediate impact guard with final roster spot

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Jury's out. He might be able too but his efficiency at CSU was not good. Taking a step up in competition probably doesn't help that, but playing with better teammates in a better system probably would. We just don't know right now.

40% from 2 33% from 3 80%ft
I understand the competition aspect though. Time will tell.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
40% from 2 33% from 3 80%ft
I understand the competition aspect though. Time will tell.

There's also the fact that Larry's teams were never known for good offense. Who knows how it will play out with the adjustment to a higher level and being on a team with such a different focus, but I'm excited to see how he does.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I assume LW is talking with Prohm about coming back to Iowa State. Is that better for next years team than getting Bolton who could get a waiver to play?

I don't think Prohm has much communication with the guys while they are going through the process from the way he made it sound.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I assume LW is talking with Prohm about coming back to Iowa State. Is that better for next years team than getting Bolton who could get a waiver to play?

If we are talking about a known scoring guard, LW coming back would be huge and the better scenario, IMO. Not getting my hopes up, however.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I don't think Prohm has much communication with the guys while they are going through the process from the way he made it sound.

He may not have a lot of communication, but I'm sure he has more than any of us, so he probably still has a better idea what Wigginton is thinking than any of us do.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Bolton for 3 (with a waiver) or LW for 1 makes it a tough call IMO.

LW could have 2 years left... He could improve his stock or not, if he is open to coming back this year he could make the same decision next year depending on how the season goes. I am also skeptical on Bolton getting the infamous waiver, it appears the staff and his family thinks there is a legit chance but ISU doesn't have the best track record with the NCAA decisions for me fully buy in.

I would also believe that Prohm would want LW back over any transfer option. He has a relationship with him for years, knows his game and would have a plan to get him to the league. He wants Lindell to succeed.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
LW could have 2 years left... He could improve his stock or not, if he is open to coming back this year he could make the same decision next year depending on how the season goes. I am also skeptical on Bolton getting the infamous waiver, it appears the staff and his family thinks there is a legit chance but ISU doesn't have the best track record with the NCAA decisions for me fully buy in.

I would also believe that Prohm would want LW back over any transfer option. He has a relationship with him for years, knows his game and would have a plan to get him to the league. He wants Lindell to succeed.
Naz Long, Kyle Kempt and Ines Nezerwa are relatively recent examples of the NCAA actually playing fair with an ISU athlete.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron