Huge NCAA MBB News: Beilein to Cavs

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
He was never coming back.

Beilein is old and probably has one shot. I figured he was out on the NBA after he turned down Detroit(?) a couple years ago.
He turned down Detroit and Orlando so I was thinking the same thing. Poole should have came back though regardless since he's so one dimensional. That kid wont play in the NBA but he probably just didn't like school and will make money over seas.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would still not call him a Michigan Legend. I am talking Coach K, Dean Smith, John Wooden, that type of stuff.

BTW Michigan is notorious for underpaying coaches. Not sure if that has changed over the years or not. However, we got Johnny Orr because of that exact reason.

You say some wild stuff, man. They were notorious for that in the case of Orr and everyone Bill Martin dealt with.

As for Beilein, he's on of, if not the cleanest coaches out there and he's probably sick of fighting an uphill battle especially when he finally wins on some guys and they still leave early when they aren't ready.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He turned down Detroit and Orlando so I was thinking the same thing. Poole should have came back though regardless since he's so one dimensional. That kid wont play in the NBA but he probably just didn't like school and will make money over seas.

Poole's expectations are realistic. He doesn't expect to be drafted but he just didn't want to go to school anymore and he didn't feel like a PNR offense with Teske and Simpson was going to improve his draft stock.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Joel1 and LLCoolCY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Didn't Beilein pass Johnny Orr last year for the all-time lead in wins at Michigan? Too bad. I liked being able to pull out that stat on Michigan fans.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Freddy to Michigan, Mad Fran takes over the bug eaters and McDermott comes back to Iowa. And ISU can sit back and laugh.

What's McDermott going to say at his opening press conference since Iowa was the team he most enjoyed beating while at UNI?

*I've said it before, but I remember having a weird feeling when that was the thing mentioned his first time speaking in Hilton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron