INSIDER: Quick analysis on Rayjon Tucker

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Obviously a guy like morant is gonna be found no matter where he plays. I would say you have a better chance of being found on ESPN though. Im guessing about 75% or more of the united states had absolutely no idea who JA Morant was before the NCAA tourney started this year.
And I’m guessing 100% of NBA scouts knew about him, which is really all that matters in terms of “exposure”

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
And I’m guessing 100% of NBA scouts knew about him, which is really all that matters in terms of “exposure”
Exposure doesn't matter for a lottery talent like Morant, but I think it matters for later potential draft picks. Do you think THT would have gotten the 1st round hype he has gotten, if he would have put up identical numbers playing for Memphis? I doubt it.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Exposure doesn't matter for a lottery talent like Morant, but I think it matters for later potential draft picks. Do you think THT would have gotten the 1st round hype he has gotten, if he would have put up identical numbers playing for Memphis? I doubt it.
I doubt if he played at Memphis he would have put up identical numbers and not better numbers. The competition wouldn’t have been as stiff but I’d venture to say he still would have impressed scouts and still would have been noticed at Memphis. Talent is talent,

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Obviously a guy like morant is gonna be found no matter where he plays. I would say you have a better chance of being found on ESPN though. Im guessing about 75% or more of the united states had absolutely no idea who JA Morant was before the NCAA tourney started this year.

The US people or professional basketball people?

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Fans in general. Obviously NBA scouts knew who morant was but we aren't comparing tucker too morant talent wise are we?

No we're comparing what "exposure" means. For you it seems more fan-based and for me it's scouts who find talent to put into the league wherever it is.

We're both right by the way.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
It will be interesting to see how he does at Memphis. I wasn't as high on him as most. I know he is "athletic", but it is hard for me to get over how bad his team was at Little Rock. Far more to basketball than scoring and looking athletic. I'm probably wrong, we'll see.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
It will be interesting to see how he does at Memphis. I wasn't as high on him as most. I know he is "athletic", but it is hard for me to get over how bad his team was at Little Rock. Far more to basketball than scoring and looking athletic. I'm probably wrong, we'll see.

He shot over 41% from 3 too

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Boy those $$$ are rolling in Memphis..Anyonr who thinks it isn’t is incredibly naive..Not that it matters.. When you have testimony in federal court of coaches paying for players and said coaches and programs are rolling along like nothing happened is a disgrace..
So if he went to ISU it's because ISU is clean but if he went to Memphis then Memphis paid him to go there?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
So a guy who played at arkansas little rock and is transferring to try and improve NBA stock picked a team loaded with talent in a crap conference over a power 5 team with tons of playing time available whose games are all on national television. Sounds like a great decision to me.
Memphis will be a Top 5-10 team next year with the #1 recruit in the nation with the hottest new coach name in recruiting right now, so he will probably get more national media attention than if he went to ISU.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Scouts aren't finding guys by watching ESPN, come on. This isn't 1981. With Wiseman on their roster, Tucker will have at least a dozen NBA scouts in the stands at every single one of his games.

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa

I see your point from a big picture standpoint and it makes sense on the surface. Professional scouts are everywhere throughout the United States and Europe. I don't believe they just sit at home watching what games are on ESPN and scout from there...when possible, they will want to be in the building watching in person to see the things TV does not show. If they do watch games from TV, I assure you they have every sports package possible which means the smaller conferences, etc. are also available to them if they are on TV at all. THT was on people's radar starting with where he was ranked in high school. Scouting services for NBA teams have a very good idea who are the one and dones, etc. and keep an eye on them. So, yes, I do believe had he played at Memphis he would have been receiving the same hype because he likely would have put up even better numbers playing in that league and for Penny Hardaway.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yes, he would have. Some dude that played at Boise State went in the first round last year. I watch a ton of college hoops and I don't remember who he is. Yet some team saw enough of him to take him at #22.

The stars of the last round of the NBA Playoffs went to Lehigh, San Diego State, Weber State and Davidson. You don't need to be at an elite school to get seen by the NBA. They have scouts all over the country and DVRs recording every single game that is televised on any network.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Doesn't Memphis play in the exact same building as an NBA team? I'm guessing some NBA scouts will see him play. That's ignoring the fact he's already declared for the draft and will have been evaluated. How much more exposure could he get?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Doesn't Memphis play in the exact same building as an NBA team? I'm guessing some NBA scouts will see him play. That's ignoring the fact he's already declared for the draft and will have been evaluated. How much more exposure could he get?

Weismann is the most likely to go #1 in the 2020 draft. NBA scouts will be at all their games regardless of who/where they are playing to see him and thus Tucker will get his eval. Penny's team will get the maximum exposure that their TV contract allows and the AAC will give them their premium time slots to facilitate building the conference relevance.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Weismann is the most likely to go #1 in the 2020 draft. NBA scouts will be at all their games regardless of who/where they are playing to see him and thus Tucker will get his eval. Penny's team will get the maximum exposure that their TV contract allows and the AAC will give them their premium time slots to facilitate building the conference relevance.

I read that as Weiskamp and almost choked on my breakfast