***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I don't know about that. He started Weiler-Babb at the point over Wigginton the last 2 years.
Weiler-Babb definitely attacked the rim more than people give him credit for. Wigginton also has limited decision making skills.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I don't know about that. He started Weiler-Babb at the point over Wigginton the last 2 years.
I will bet Nixon will be our primary pg next year. Prohm has shown he likes aggressive pg who can score. Haliburton has a long ways to go before he is that.

I think there's some discrepancy, between fans, as to what the pg position is.

I can see Halliburton bringing the ball up, but Nixon running the pnr, and having the ball if the shot clock is running down.

• Agree
Reactions: tyler24 and Doc

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
If we did get Bolton, Id imagine they feel they can get one of the transfers eligible this upcoming season otherwise itd be in all in on 20-21 type roster. Which we should be able to stay afloat this upcoming season but we'll lack the firepower needed to be a 22-24 win team.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I wasn't expecting Tucker, I was hopeful. We still need a scoring wing and Bolton isn't that.

Bolton averaged 10 points a game his freshman season. No reason to believe he would not average a lot more in our system. He looks to be a solid get for us if we can get him. I would take him in a second over what’s left out there.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Very good response by Prohm with keeping the rooster filled. With Bolton, we’ll have plenty of guards and wings. We got burned repeatedly last year at rebounds and layups- even though we had Lard, Talley, Solo, Jacobson, and Condit. We just lost 2 of these guys and we’ll lose another 2 after this year, leaving us with a high school forward and Condit - who still has a lot to learn. Am I the only one who is concerned about this? I feel like we are the 98 pound weakling who is defenseless in the paint and we are doing nothing about it. I do understand we’ve lost ALOT of guard skill with Wiggs, THT, Babb, and Shayok leaving. Can’t have everything I guess.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Very good response by Prohm with keeping the rooster filled. With Bolton, we’ll have plenty of guards and wings. We got burned repeatedly last year at rebounds and layups- even though we had Lard, Talley, Solo, Jacobson, and Condit. We just lost 2 of these guys and we’ll lose another 2 after this year, leaving us with a high school forward and Condit - who still has a lot to learn. Am I the only one who is concerned about this? I feel like we are the 98 pound weakling who is defenseless in the paint and we are doing nothing about it. I do understand we’ve lost ALOT of guard skill with Wiggs, THT, Babb, and Shayok leaving. Can’t have everything I guess.
We should still have Solo... He took the medical redshirt this year.

• Winner
Reactions: Psiclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Question for those in the know. Does there appear to be another set of names that will pop up in the future if Bolton doesn't commit or are we now to the point of wait and see who becomes available?